Contribute
Register

GigabyteGA-Z97X-UD3H Does Not Work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yay got it working by using boot flag: PCIRootUID=1 :)

but out now booting from the installation drive doesn't work... So I'm trying a hundred boot flags again:crazy:

What does it mean it doesn't work? You have a kernel panic? And why you installed just one ram stick after the install?

Got everything working now!! Very happy :D:D

Took me some time and cursing, but it's working like sunshine now.

I think many of my problems have been caused by using the VGA output, not sure, but when I bought a DVI cable everything started working suddenly. If I connect the computer using a VGA cable now, on monitor is an Apple Logo, the same error mistake I was dealing with for ten hours...

Seems like when starting up there are running two mac os's simultaneous or something? Very strange...

But well at least it's working now. Never even opened a PC case before I started this project so Im pretty content :)

Take this in mind:

Apple has NEVER supported the VGA output natively, so if anybody has any luck with it, it's some kind of magic or just lucky port numbers. Only DVI and HDMI are supported(display port?)

i follow all the guides but after the installation of multibeast i lost the driver for graphics card 4600.
any way to get it back?

I''ll preface this post by saying I'm a noob and this is my first CustoMac build. :D Been lurking for years and when my macbook pro died, and I needed a computer to do a video editing project, I figured it was time to dive in!

I have a Z97X-UD3H, Core i5- 4690k, Samsung EVO 840 250gb SSD, 8gb (4x2) Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3 1600, and a Coolmax v-600 PSU.

a tech rep at an independent apple authorized local store loaded Yosemite via Unibeast onto my SSD drive for me.
He offered and being a noob I accepted. I assembled my system and after some hiccups was able to boot in safe mode with flags turned off (-x -f). I downloaded multibeast and tried the following configurations thus far in trying to get a clean boot up:

multi 10302014.1.jpg

Screen Shot 2014-10-31 at 9.14.46 PM.jpg

multi 10302014.3.jpg

I am able to boot up in safe mode but I am now getting the following message:

paininmyboot.jpg painintheboot.jpg

I was hoping by getting a plain Jane set up with recommended components that worked natively there would be no issues. Nonetheless there is no better way to learning sometimes than to just jump into the deep end and start treading! ;)

I haven't added the USB 3.0 option (that I know of), but I'm not sure if there is a kext I need to remove or if there is a setting I need to overwrite with Multibeast.

My video works fine (DVI), but I am getting no sound and my mouse is really really slow across my screen.

Thoughts anyone?

Perhaps try boot loader GraphicsEnabler=no ? The slow mouse probably has something to do with the (onboard) graphics card, I had the same problem.

Sound was easily 'fixed' at mine by going to system preferences and selecting internal speakers from the dropdown menu ;)

I've been trying for weeks now and haven't had any luck. Every boot flag, removed the graphics card and ram, disabled vt-D and intel virtualisation thing. Removed my wifi card even. Still nothing. I'm thinking that it might be the BIOS which is still running F4. Any advice?

You won't loose anything trying to flash your BIOS.

I'm on F7 and Mavericks and Yosemite works fine on two different HDD's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back