Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z77 G1.Sniper 3 For a Hackintosh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
you thinking of the SupremeFX audio used on some asus rog boards, which is just a rebranded alc898 chip?.
the creative audio on the g1 sniper can only use voodoo

You are correct. it was the SupremeFX I was trying to remember.

Which voodoo audio do I use? I have never built a hackintosh before.. mine is built I just gotta figure out how to get it up with out it crashing and dying after I run multibeast and reboot..

Can anybody help me??? Everytime I install OSX via unibeast and then Run multibeast it never boots up again. I've tried a bunch of different Things.. I made a DSDT for my board I selected nothing.. I selected what I thought was right.. I installed chimera.. I didn't install chimera.. I'm lost and I've spent the time reinstalling OSX at least 10 times now :/
:crazy:
thanks in advance

The board will work, but it has an unsupported audio chipset. You would need another solution for audio than onboard, either USB or firewire audio.

This unsupported audio is why it is not in the recommended list.

I am not concerned with the audio, I have a high quality external sound box. I just can't get it to boot after I run multibeast.

Thanks
-Colton

Edit: I believe system definition is where I was getting hung up at

Ok, Got my rig up and running dual boot (win 8) on separate Hard drives. I will know if I can dual boot off of the same drive within a few minutes So I will update after when I have results.

Edit: YES Got it booting off of one drive. It was a real pain to do it though. None of the guides I found online helped. I had to wing it.

Thought I'd add my successes with this motherboard as well.

Install went perfectly on my blank SSD drive from USB boot drive. However, could not boot into OSX right after installation. Running -v got the cpupower error. Ran into safe mode, booted. Was super stoked which led to user error and I installed everything in multibeast which ended up in other errors.

What worked:

Did another clean install USB boot.

Boot into safe mode first after initial installation -x

Installed easybeast, trim, universal codec (voodoo). Intel ethernet. Works great now. Some minor graphical errors but they come and go and a restart is sometimes required from cold boot. But again all minor.

Cheers! Part of the hackintosh community. Hope this helps someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back