Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z690 Aero G + i5-12600K + AMD RX 6800 XT

@CaseySJ, I'm looking at the last step which is to create a bootable backup (step 11). Is that supposed to be a one time back up of the freshly installed (and working) MacOS? does it back up all the system files that make MacOS run? or does it create a complete clone of the current working MacOS (including all the files that exist now similar to time machine)? I've been making backup of my EFI files with each iteration but I figure this isn't enough.

Last edited:
@CaseySJ, I'm looking at the last step which is to create a bootable backup (step 11). Is that supposed to be a one time back up of the freshly installed (and working) MacOS? does it back up all the system files that make MacOS run? or does it create a complete clone of the current working MacOS (including all the files that exist now similar to time machine)? I've been making backup of my EFI files with each iteration but I figure this isn't enough.
The procedure in STEP 11 will clone the entire system, which includes:
  1. macOS operating system (System volume)
  2. User folders (DATA volume)
  3. EFI partition
However, every subsequent backup will include only 2 and 3. To backup the System volume in the future, we will need to use Disk Utility to erase the disk, then repeat the procedure from the point where the DESTINATION disk is specified.

Gotcha. For each of the options above, is there an option to not back up any of them, such as data volume? I installed MacOS on a 2TB NVME SSD but only got a 500GB bootable drive (partly because I wasn't sure about this step before). At some point, I won't have enough space left in the bootable drive to back up the data volume of the main drive. At the risk of making this sound too obvious on the decision, should I match the 2TB capacity in the bootable drive? I'm trying to see how you (or anyone else here) do back up the "right" hackintosh way.

Also would you be able to add this piece of info in the first post, just under the "Create Backup" section (before step 11). I think this is useful for someone else who doesn't understand what's being back up.

macOS Sonoma public beta is now available. Please note that Broadcom WiFi does not work in Sonoma. Broadcom Bluetooth continues to work properly. We can use Intel WiFi with the latest preview of AirportItlwm from here:

@CaseySJ,

I can't get the new Rapid Security Response for Ventura to show up in my General > Software Update. It's a "c" > 13.4.1(c).

Check that SecureBootModel is set to Default.
Bingo! That did it. Thank you so very much, P1LGRIM! That update problem has been bugging me for awhile.

Processor type must be 3841 as stated in RestrictEvents page on GitHub:

View attachment 568889
Hi CaseySJ,
So I had the CPU info showing up correctly until i installed the security update 13.4.1 (c). I made no changes to the config file and checked to see if all was Kosher and it is. Any thoughts?

Last edited:
istat1.png

Z690 Aero G DDR4 - does istat menu record any historical data for any of you on this build? It does not log any CPU/Memory history usage on mine.

Back