Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello friends...

I have a Gigabyte Z270X which I've just changed my GPU to Sapphire RX580. Update to Mojave was a breeze, HDMI and DP both working great together.

I'm struggling with a blackscreen error when updating to Catalina.

Using Multibeast 12.3.0

-I have tried using single output, HDMI and DP separately.
-I've disabled CSM in BIOS (it wasn't, is now, same issue)
-Secure Boot is disabled in BIOS
-I've booted into another partition and removed Lilu & WEG from L/E on the main drive (leftover from mojave)
-I've booted with kext injection from clover menu
-I've booted with Catalina versions of Lilu & WEG from EFI partition copied to L/E

Every time it's the same little pink lines across the top right side of the screen and then a blackscreen. (see picture)

Any ideas brain trust?

IMG_1157.jpg

Last edited:
The presence of the pink lines suggest that you may not have the latest Lilu/WhateverGreen kexts installed.

@P1LGRIM it's what was included with Mulitbeast 12.3.0 - Lilu 1.4.5 and WEG 1.4.0.

Just double checked the files in the EFI, definitely those versions. Catalina version is 15.5.02 - is there any merit in trying an older version of Catalina do you think?

OK - so I've just updated the UEFI BIOS from F7 to F9d - that's not done it either.

Unless there's any other ideas, I'm gonna stick with mojave for a bit and try again on the next MB/LiluWEG release i think. Bit dull, but I need this machine working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back