Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Z170 Gaming K3
CPU
i5 6600K @ 4.4 GHz
Graphics
Gigabyte GTX 770 WINDFORCE 3X 2GB
Dear fellow tinkerers,

I have tried and tried, but sadly, I cannot get my audio working. I guess the first 150 reinstalls are just to set the system up, but I've really ran out of steam :( . I've read and tried numerous guides, but with no luck. Keeping in mind that all of this is new to me, I would really appreciate some help. My current setup is:
-Gigabyte Z170 K3 Gaming with the ALC1150 codec
-GTX 770 2GB
-i5 6600k
-1x 120GB OSX SSD, 1x Samsung 960 Evo 256GB (Windows 10 install), 2x WD Blue 1TB (Mass storage for windows install)

This is how my current reinstall went.
1.Installed OSX onto the 120GB SSD
2.Updated to Sierra 10.12.5
3.Opened Multibeast up
-Quick Start > UEFI Boot Mode
-Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > ALC1150
-Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v6.25-332-gf3a8525c.1758
-Drivers > Network > Atheros > AtherosE2200Ethernet v2.2.0
-Bootloaders > Clover v2.4k r4063 UEFI Boot Mode + Emulated NVRAM (this is so my graphics drivers work properly)
-Customize > System Definitions > iMac > iMac 14.2
All in all, I only added the audio, network and the emulated nvram options.
4.Added my Bulgarian Phonetic keyboard by biskazz from GitHub
5.Referred to this thread for a fix: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/no-alc1150-audio-z170a-msi-gaming-pro-carbon.205830/
6.Followed the steps in Post #2
7.Downloaded and ran the .command file from the direct link, which I later realized was audio_cloverALC-120_v1.0f3.command
8.After running the aforementioned file I decided to download and run audio_codecdetect_v2.2.command
9. Result of audio_codectect_v.2.2.command :
Code:
Last login: Sat Jun  3 21:46:44 on ttys000

Georgis-iMac:~ voidviper$ /Users/voidviper/Downloads/audio_codecdetect_v2.2.command ; exit;

File: audio_codecdetect.command_v2.2

No audio codec detected

Verify BIOS, hardware, etc.

logout

Saving session...

...copying shared history...

...saving history...truncating history files...

...completed.

[Process completed]
I hope I haven't missed anything. All help is greatly appreciated.

Try:
MultiBeast 9+ > Drivers > Audio > RealtekALCxxx √ ALC1150
plus √ 100 Series Audio

I have already given that a shot, but here are the results once again. I'm using MultiBeast 9.1.0
Code:
Current Configuration

Drivers> Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > ALC1150
Drivers> Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > 100 / 200 Series Audio

After install and restart, I still have no Output devices showing.
UXDRZdo.png

I should also mention that the furthest I've gotten as to have any devices show up in previous installations was through the ApplaHDA Patcher.app_v1.7. After opening it, you are greeted by this window
514IUMr.png

After that you choose your codec, as I have done. After you click on the "patch AppleHDA" button you see this window.
g2DyqKe.png

Out of the three options the one that somewhat worked was the number 5 one. I did in fact reinstall the os every time before trying each of the options. Layout 5 yielded several output devices in the Sound menu but the only thing I heard on any of those outputs was some popping to the beat of the music I was listening to. Layout 7 and 9 only showed output devices without any of them doing anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back