Contribute
Register

!Gigabyte P67 Sb build!

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Everything worked but the sound was crackly and mouse stuttered. maleorderbride posted the correction for this. reboot and go into the bios setup and set the cpu busratio to 29. when you then boot, at the chameleon interface type in busratio=29 and sound should be working fine and no mouse stutter.

Each time you boot though, for the sound and mouse stutter, you have to boot with busratio=29. I am sure the guys will have an automatic correction for that soon but this is what I do for now. "

Those two paraghraphs saved my week....

everything working with GA-P67A-UD3 and 9500GT video...

c.frio :lol: thanks

cfrio said:
"Everything worked but the sound was crackly and mouse stuttered. maleorderbride posted the correction for this. reboot and go into the bios setup and set the cpu busratio to 29. when you then boot, at the chameleon interface type in busratio=29 and sound should be working fine and no mouse stutter.

Each time you boot though, for the sound and mouse stutter, you have to boot with busratio=29. I am sure the guys will have an automatic correction for that soon but this is what I do for now. "

Those two paraghraphs saved my week....

everything working with GA-P67A-UD3 and 9500GT video...

c.frio :lol: thanks

Yeah man, go to your extra folder on the HDD then com.apple.Boot.plist and change the bust ratio there. That should do the trick!

I am considering returning my P67A-UD4 and getting a P67A-UD3 (the new, non-recalled version)

I originally got the UD4 thinking I would need the eSATA ports, but I wasn't able to get the eSATA ports to work anyway. The UD3 is $50 less. The only other difference I could find in the specs was the 2nd x16 slot operates in x4 instead of x8......but I don't have plans for that slot anyway.

It looks like the hackintosh setup will be identical since all the specs are the same...Can anyone think of a reason this is a bad idea? Thanks!

I think the ud3 only differs in components like vrm or whatever. Maybe it's not as good at overclocking?

zeeko30 said:
mahdi0 said:
I think the ud3 only differs in components like vrm or whatever. Maybe it's not as good at overclocking?

Cool thanks. :thumbup:

I have the UD4 and a 2500k the board is better for OC then UD3 i agree but I have to admit the build quality is so much better then UD3 after my first week with the UD3 it blow dew to OC using Gigabytes own software they replaced it with the UD4 B3 and not only is the OC easier but the SATA ports of the board don't get in the way of my 5850 card with is a long card where on the UD3 it was a pain getting them in and out. If you are thinking of dual graphic's or OC ether mac or pc at some point you will need the UD4 really.

My Set Up

Intel 2500k OC 4.5Ghz Running smooth
GA-P67-UD4 B3
8Gb (1600) Ram upgrade to 16Gb next week :)
XFX 5850 Black edition (8800GTS to boot)
1Tb x3 (Raid)
2Tb Media storage
90Gb Corsair SSD Boot drive

(Do not run above 5Ghz longer that bench marks, The chips are strong not very unstable with heat above 5Ghz)

boot fine easy install, having trouble with kexts (Sound Popping Very badly)(Ethernet Nothing) and 64 bit mode. Just sitting back and waiting for update and Tony Mac amazing software to make my life easy.

stylusrowm if u have installed mac on ur system can u tell me how u did it bcoz i have the same board. but its giving me a hell lot of issue. :banghead:

warriormax said:
stylusrowm if u have installed mac on ur system can u tell me how u did it bcoz i have the same board. but its giving me a hell lot of issue. :banghead:

viewtopic.php?f=79&t=14864

Ye sure follow my steps on this thread. I have got the install up but no kexts or boot list configurations working. I think this week I will have solved it and I will up date that post.
roll on friday! : )

Hello!

Thanks for posting this amazing info! Would you mind updating your initial post or create another post with:

Install guide (like this one: http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=81&t=11221)
DSDT files
Any other BIOS or other files?

That would really help so I don't have to search through 20 pages of posts with new info. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back