Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi guys this is my second build im doing for a friend for audio production. The problem ive had so far is i have purchased the same gear but it is different board revisions to mine. Ive got everything working except for graphics. The video card i have is a GV-N84S-512I (revision 3) i suspect this being revision 3 is why im having the problem as the one in my working hackintosh is revision 2. Ive tried the graphics enabler and nvenabler with no success. Could someone please help a noob as id like to get back to making beats instead of reinstalling SL every 5 minutes.

got the same card.. tried everyting.. added efi strings to extra folder.. modded hal50 kext with property editor.. dunno man if i figure it out i'll let ya know.. i'm sure theres a way

i managed to get the native resolution to boot at 1650 but it still doesn't recognize the card.. i'll let ya know

cool man keep me posted this is driving me nuts especially when my older one works

if you have already tried a bunch of **** like i mentioned b4 with no success, last night before i went to bed i installed chameleon rc5 prerelease or w/e its called via multibeast.. it upped the resolution i think right away i dunno i was mad tired.. I'm going to work on it more when I get home. Try that for now

Good to hear the only problem is i need QE to run logic. Wish i new a bit more to get this thing running it definetely has something to do with the device ID on my working system it shows up as 0x06e4 and on my non working system something different. Thats just me guessing though as i dont really know a hell of alot about this stuff

a friend had this same problem on his 8400gs.
he added the pcirootuid=1 option in multibeast, and iirc he added his device id to a kext of some sort.

after that he had full res options and qe/ci

could you elaborate a bit more on how to do this help a noob out?

i dont have a hackintosh in front of me atm, so am just going off of memory, but when you get to the boot menu (you know the chameleon loader when you turn the pc on). just type "-PCIRootUID=1" without the " ", and see if that makes a difference.

if that helps, you can add that option permanently in multibeast there is an option to add "pcirootuid=1" to the boot.plist file (which is located in /extras)

will try now ill let you know how i get on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back