Contribute
Register

Gigabyte GTX 550Ti Mavericks 10.9.4 OpenCL HELP!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z97N-Gaming 5 Mini-ITX
CPU
Intel Core i5-4690K
Graphics
MSI GTX 960 4GB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Here is my setup
CPU: Intel Core i7 3770K
Mobo: Gigabyte GA-P67A-D3B3 Rev 1.0
GPU: Gigabyte GTX 550Ti 1GB

I am to the point of almost considering selling my system and buying a Early 2008 Mac Pro because of my problems i am having.
I use Final Cut Pro X 10.1.1 and because of the lack of support for OpenCL with my Graphics Card it crashes a lot unless i treat it like it is a 15 year old computer and do things very slowly. How can i enable openCL on my card, or if i cant what is a good PCI Express 2.0x16 card that is openCL compatible?
Here are my benchmarks:
Unigine Heaven: 26.7 FPS
LuxMark:304
CineBench:GPU-52.74 FPS
CPU- 648 cb

Here is my setup
CPU: Intel Core i7 3770K
Mobo: Gigabyte GA-P67A-D3B3 Rev 1.0
GPU: Gigabyte GTX 550Ti 1GB

I am to the point of almost considering selling my system and buying a Early 2008 Mac Pro because of my problems i am having.
I use Final Cut Pro X 10.1.1 and because of the lack of support for OpenCL with my Graphics Card it crashes a lot unless i treat it like it is a 15 year old computer and do things very slowly. How can i enable openCL on my card, or if i cant what is a good PCI Express 2.0x16 card that is openCL compatible?
Here are my benchmarks:
Unigine Heaven: 26.7 FPS
LuxMark:304
CineBench:GPU-52.74 FPS
CPU- 648 cb

I've been using the GTX780 (GK11x) NOT THE (GK110)
Which has been not giving the openCL error since 10.9.3 web drivers where released.
I have found that it runs much better in 10.8.5 (pre-security update) using the preview drivers that only recognize the card by it's gpu name (GK11x)

When I do have an openCL crash I use the scripts that where put together by people here on this forum to disable openCL from the video card. found here:

Instructions (Bloodyelle's post):

OpenCL thread crashing
http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/115283-opencl-thread-crashing-3.html

This same script could be used to fix your problem but if Final Cut is openCL crashing then it won't load with openCL on CPU only. The latest update to the Creative Cloud (CC 2014) has resolved the openCL crash for me on just about every app and Premiere is a far better NLE than Final Cut Pro X (just saying)

Anyway hope that helped you in some way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back