Contribute
Register

GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UP5 TH Thunderbolt BIOS Version F11 - Nothing seams to work!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an i7 3770 not overclock, and I try lots of things and he gets no sleep

he went to sleep 2 seconds and comes back soon normally, even in doing this two times in a row is the same

after 1 or 2 times he wants to spend any more sleep

for smbios
mac mini 6.2 and macbookpro10, 2 are the same update not think I need to change

good we do not know if the boy was the first post manages to make his hack worked ....

you have a i7 3770 I think you have deactivated the VT-d option in the bios?

have you put your hard drive P2 xxxx, P1 xxxxx .......in the bios?
it should not be that hard either UEFI boot

when you have started and you click on the startup disk folder extra
is next to
file system, user, ect
you must have one you just have to replace it with mine

130308204631 - copie.jpg

Hey guys... heres an update to my situation. I cant believe how long this is taking!!!

I have started over again with a unibeast flash drive with 10.8.3... its great, my gtx660 works right out of the box! very happy with this update!

Let me remind you of my specs
  • GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UP5 TH
  • Intel i7 3770 (not K) 3.4Ghz
  • 16Gb Ram
  • Nvidea GTX 660 (not Ti)
  • 750GB Seagate Momentus XT Hybrid Drive

1. My Bios settings are as they were recommended on this thread earlier (Vtd off was the critical one)
  2. Created the unibeast drive and ran the setup on the computer successfully without any command lines (-x/-v/GraphicsEnabler=No) none of them! (Such a relief)
  3. Restarted the computer after installation, (booting from the USB drive into my hard drive)
  4. Ran multibeast, and selected these drivers: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...rbolt-updated-10-8-2-multibeast-5-2-a-32.html
  5. Also i copied the EXTRA folder someone posted here
  6. Restart the computer and i have two problems, i dont know which is worse
    1. The computer still need to boot from the USB, multibeast did not make my harddisk bootable (yes i changed the BIOS settings to prioritise the HD)
    2. Once it does boot, it goes into a panic, and i need to start putting in commands. and then it just does not work.

Im completely lostimage-1.jpgimage-2.jpgimage-3.jpgimage-4.jpgimage-5.jpgimage.jpg.... attached are the print screens from my BIOS

Thanks for all your support!
Sorry about the photos being upside down, they were fine when i uploaded them :s

I would not copy the extra folder. You are changing the settings in the smbios, org.chameleon.Boot which may not be what MB originally did. Also you are using a DSDT that may not be the corresponding version for your BIOS.

ok, so il do another clean install and stick to what MB gives me, but what smbios setting do you think i should chose?

I would do a DSDT free install and GraphicsEnabler=No. Then I would add LAN and sound one at a time.

so would you say id do that for all the settings one by one? still tho, i doubt il find something that will make it boot from my hard disk

Basically this is what iv done, im almost there!!!
My boot problem was solved here: boot0 Error: The Official Thread

then i started installing the Kexts using MultiBeast 1 by one. Everything is working as it should do! WOOHOO

Howevever my problematic Kext is now the audio driver. Its making me boot in -x! Anyone know how to get around this?
Also, i dont think my graphics card is working up to its potential :S When i go into expose it flickers, and when safari opens up the tiles view the grey screen goes haywire... ideas?
Thanks!

Basically this is what iv done, im almost there!!!
My boot problem was solved here: boot0 Error: The Official Thread

then i started installing the Kexts using MultiBeast 1 by one. Everything is working as it should do! WOOHOO

Howevever my problematic Kext is now the audio driver. Its making me boot in -x! Anyone know how to get around this?
Also, i dont think my graphics card is working up to its potential :S When i go into expose it flickers, and when safari opens up the tiles view the grey screen goes haywire... ideas?
Thanks!

Take a screen shot of Multibeast, with everything you are selecting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back