Sound Worked.

Instructions

Install Sound Run MultiBeast 5.1.0
Select Driver-> Audio->Universal->VoodooHDA VT2021 0.2.7.2
Next next reboot Complete

HD4000 I7 Worked.

Download and install
Chimera 1.11.1 Worked for me.:D

I have the ud3h, tried every conceiveable option/combination in bios but I still get the dreaded "WFRD" arg! any ideas? this is supposed to be a good board for osx getting pretty annoyed.

hours later... got it going :) My case doesn't have any front front panel usb ports so I was trying to use the rear panel ports under the Network socket, none of them worked.

Solution: I eventually sourced some usb2 ports from another case and plugged them into the motherboard's extra usb expansion ports, after that it was smooth sailing.

I hope someone is still watching this thread.....I just built a new custom desktop and am trying to get Mountain Lion installed on it, and for the most part it's going smooth....except for one thing, I cannnot get the ethernet working at all. My computer is the same motherboard and cpu as op, and I have 8 GB Kingston DDR3 Ram, 1 128GB OCZ Agility 4 SSD, and a 1 TB Data drive. I downloaded the bios profile you posted and loaded that, and followed everything to the letter as far as I can tell, but still no network. Any help would be appreciated. I can provide more info if needed as well, just let me know what you need.

Thanks in advance

I hope someone is still watching this thread.....I just built a new custom desktop and am trying to get Mountain Lion installed on it, and for the most part it's going smooth....except for one thing, I cannnot get the ethernet working at all. My computer is the same motherboard and cpu as op, and I have 8 GB Kingston DDR3 Ram, 1 128GB OCZ Agility 4 SSD, and a 1 TB Data drive. I downloaded the bios profile you posted and loaded that, and followed everything to the letter as far as I can tell, but still no network. Any help would be appreciated. I can provide more info if needed as well, just let me know what you need.

Hello,

Ethernet really shouldn't be a problem on this board. I would suggest (if you have the patience), making sure you have the latest bios (now they are on F18), then just load the "optimized defaults" in the bios settings.
Disconnect the 1TB data drive for now and plug the SSD drive into SATA0 socket on the motherboard.
Then try a clean install with the latest version of Multibeast and enable only the settings shown in the screenshot: "UserDSDT or DSDT-Free Installation" and "Drivers-Network-Maolj's Atheros Ethernet".

After that, the ethernet interface should at least show up in the Network preferences ...

Good luck!
Robert

Attachments

• mb-settings5-1-3.PNG
    mb-settings5-1-3.PNG
    133.7 KB · Views: 576
Hello guys.
I have a problem with the install. These are the parts: Intel core i5 3570k + gigabyte z77x-ud3h +Asus radeon 6950 1gb + 8gb corsair + 250gb Hitachi.

I did everything like it was mention, but after I boot from the usb again and chose the partition with the Mountain Lion it loads a little bit and it tells me ''You need to restart your computer. Hold down the Power button until it turns off, then press the Power button again."

From the bios I chose IGFX - which should be the build in HD4000, but I did not remove the dedicated video card.
Do you know is this the problem?
And if this is the problem does this mean that every time I need the Mac OS I should remove the card?

Thanks in advance.:beachball:

Hello guys.
I did everything like it was mention, but after I boot from the usb again and chose the partition with the Mountain Lion it loads a little bit and it tells me ''You need to restart your computer. Hold down the Power button until it turns off, then press the Power button again."

From the bios I chose IGFX - which should be the build in HD4000, but I did not remove the dedicated video card.
Do you know is this the problem?
And if this is the problem does this mean that every time I need the Mac OS I should remove the card?

Hi,

I don't have any experience with the graphics card you mention, but I would recommend removing it temporarily until after you have installed all the modifications with Multibeast and then try adding it back in after everything else works correctly.

When you are booting into your Mountain Lion partition, you could type in the boot option -v to see detailed error messages, and in particular try to decipher what happens just before it crashes.

Good Luck!
Robert

If he, soundpwns909, has a Rev 1.1 board, the ethernet kext within MultiBeast will not work. I got mine working (Rev 1.1) with an experimental kext from another forum. It is working with this kext. I am having trouble with the sound on the Rev 1.1 board. I believe it has the same chip as the Rev 1.0 board but I got a kernel panic when installing the VooDoo sound as mentioned in this thread.

Attachments

• ALXEthernet.kext.zip
    74.1 KB · Views: 161
Hi, many thanks for pointing that out! I wonder why the difference with rev. 1.1? The Gigabyte website lists both with the same chip (unless there are multiple Atheros GbE chips?) ...

Ok that`s funky?
I boot with -x and I am now in the M.L. :)
BUT there is no Extra folder on my Mac. I have checked even the hidden files. No track of it.
From MultiBeast I installed only Voodo audio driver VT2021 2.7.2

Do you have any ideas where the hell is this directory :D
I read here that this file were before on other place and with other name.
Should I add this key-values there ?

Will be a problem to restart to hackintosh and try to boot from the hdd instead of the 8gb usb?

Damn too many questions to little knowledge on the topic I have :D

Ok I am noob :D
After installing Multibeast and DSDT and DSTD-free this folder appear.
I also install the internet driver atheros bla bla and voodo VT2021 2.7.2.
And after that when I restart and try to boot from the HDD there was two kinds of issues :(
first one photo.jpg
and second one photo1.jpg

Very strange. After that I was unable to boot with whatever kernel flags or -x -v -blabla :D
Tomorrow I will google this things a little bit more. Probably I should try without Voodo driver.
I will see whats will happen tomorrow.
Damn this hackintosh :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back