1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
  5. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

this is my first hackintosh so please excuse if i ask "stupid" questions. I read a lot of threads and recommendations and had choosen the following parts for my project:

Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H
Intel i5 3550
EVGA Geforce GTX 550 Ti
2x 4GB 1600MHz RAM

cause they should work OOB but i got stuck with several problems: i have no audio device so i dont get any sound and the Geforce wont work as expected.

I installed ML (cause of the IvyBridge) without the Geforce (only the Intel HD) via UniBeast 1.5.2 which worked really smooth. After reboot LAN worked without any problems so i could surf etc but no sound. Grafixs worked not so well, Safari flickers at many points. After reading some more pages i installed MultiBeast 4.6.1 and had chosen EasyBeast, Realtek Audio and Atheros LAN. After another reboot ML started from harddrive. But still no audio device. And with the Intel HD i stuck with 1024x768 where 1920x1080 should be possible, right? Now i need 2560x1440 so this is why i got the GTX 550 Ti but when i insert the card and start the system, i get only the grey apple screen and then a blackscreen and the screen goes to standby. Would be a Radeon 6850 have been the better choice? Any suggestions? I have no idea...

Thanks, i had chosen the whole Realtek part which seems to make problems. Now i had chosen only the ALC887 parts i can hear my music again. EasyBeast was a bad choice at all cause it seems to be responsible for some missing kexts so the Geforce wont work. Now i have two 2560x1440 screens running but the same sleep / wakeup probs as all the others...

I have almost the same specs (only difference : i5 3570k instead..) and having the SAME issue.

Installed ML with HD4000 ; worked perfectly, but resolution sucks.

Insert GTX 550 Ti and it is actually doing the same problem !

So if anyone has an answer, you won't be the only one to thank him forever ;)

I have exact setup and problem with NO sound. I would not recommend this MB! All sorts of issues. No sleep too.

How did you fix it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back