Contribute
Register

Gigabyte GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 or ga-z68p-d3

Status
Not open for further replies.
khorn73 said:
I'm new to building PCs, let alone Hackintoshs, so I applogise if I come off a bit ignorant. I just built a system a few days ago using the GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 and an i3 2100 and I can't get it to boat Lion at all. It instaled fine, but when I go to boot it for the first time it goes to the logo screen with low resolotion, then goes blank for a second and then seems to fix the resolution and then just hangs. I've been on these forums and others and I can't seem to figure out what is going wrong. I've tried just about every flag when loading with no help.

I also tried loading Snow Leopard, which does load, but once I do the 10.6.8 update it stops loading althougher, with or without iBoot. Also, when I do install Snow Leopard and it runs the first time I noticed the Apple welcome video doesn't play, it just goes straight to the please register screen, which makes me wonder if it has something to do with the intergrated graphics card?

Did you guys have to do anything special to get yours running or did it just run the first time? I've reinstalled Lion 4 times now and it never loads.

Any help would be greatly apprciated.

Have you set bios to AHCI, HPET to 64?
Have you tried flag GraphicsEnabler=No ?

Have you set bios to AHCI, HPET to 64?
Have you tried flag GraphicsEnabler=No ?[/quote]

I did try all of those, but I finally figured out the problem. I was using an i3 2100, which has HD 2000 graphics and is not supported by Apple and I'm not running a video card. I swapped out the CPU for a i3 2125 and it booted right up. I seem to have everything running now, but the sound.

What Kext did everyone install? I just installed the basic ones from the Lion install tutorial here, but like I said I can't get the sound to work.

ejdme said:
I'm using the GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 and everything is working great. (sound, ethernet, and Intel HD 3000)

same here. the only thing i would add is that my case has a 20-pin usb3 cable for front usb3.0 ports but this board doesn't have that 20-pin connector. not a huge deal though. everything else is working like a charm

After days of trying different Kext files, DSDT edits and BIOS settings I'm starting to think my audio on my MoBo is broke. Does anyone know of a way to test it? Under system preferences/sound/output it says, No output devices found.

khorn73 said:
After days of trying different Kext files, DSDT edits and BIOS settings I'm starting to think my audio on my MoBo is broke. Does anyone know of a way to test it? Under system preferences/sound/output it says, No output devices found.

Yes, boot into Windows (or install it) and load the drivers.

I loaded up Windows and no go on the sound, so I took back the MoBo and replaced it with a new one. I got sound on the first boot up. Thanks for all the suggestions and help everyone.

nightbeckons said:
ejdme said:
I'm using the GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 and everything is working great. (sound, ethernet, and Intel HD 3000)

same here. the only thing i would add is that my case has a 20-pin usb3 cable for front usb3.0 ports but this board doesn't have that 20-pin connector. not a huge deal though. everything else is working like a charm

hello :),
I am currently waiting for my parts to arrive but i am wondering what version of the dsdt i am going to need to use for my motherboard, (Gigabyte GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3), there are four versions f3, f4, f8, and f9.... Which one am i going to need to use????

Thanks!

timbck2 said:
robgeld said:
Hi, is there someone who has the MoBo Gigabyte GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 or the ga-z68p-d3 with Lion?
Is it ok?
Are onboard ethernet and audio adapters working?
Thanks.

I have the GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3. I had a little difficulty getting audio to work, until Toleda put out the new AppleHDA kext, which fixed audio. Then I had a hell of a time getting the onboard Ethernet to work; what finally seemed to "fix" it was to remove "UseKernelCache=yes" from the org.chameleon.Boot.plist.

I still can't get it to wake from sleep, but that's a problem with a LOT of motherboards.

Just out of curiosity, which revision of the board do you have?

i installed snow leopard re flashed my mobo to the right version for my dsdt but no ethernet, doesnt recognize my cpu, barely and sound extremely staticy, stuck at resolution 1024 by 768, but the biggest problem is it wont boot into chemelian at all :eek:

HELP!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back