Contribute
Register

Gigabyte GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 F10 HD3000 Graphics w/ HDMI Audio & App Store

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks erik, that guide was perfect - exactly what I needed! I attempted to install Lion yesterday on my HTPC with similar hardware to yours, and I kept getting KPs before the installer would start. I think "GraphicsEnabler=no" was the key, though I didn't have to do that on my other GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3/HD3000 system (though I'm using DVI on it, not HDMI, maybe that makes a difference). Anyway, thanks again! :thumbup:

Glad to hear it! Might be the HDMI/DVI thing -- good point. All's well that ends well!

Care to share your experiences upgrading to UEFI? Maybe a project for next weekend if I can guarantee the HTPC doesn't break down. Otherwise the fiancee may get mad :lol:

Sure...

First off you can't use quick flash via the mobo rom. So I created a Freedos usb drive using UNetbootin UNetbootin - Homepage and Downloads
Then dropped the extracted bios exe on the root of the drive
booted from usb into Freedos
cd c:
autoexec.bat

that did it

Only changed ACHI mode in bios
had to boot my working ML install with command DSDT=/dev/null
removed DSDT but still have to boot with that command.

Oh had to run multibeast for sound, Non-dsdt HDA file

already had one crash... just complete freeze
2 crashes in Osx
1 in windows

seems UFI is having some issues :(

Sure...

First off you can't use quick flash via the mobo rom. So I created a Freedos usb drive using UNetbootin UNetbootin - Homepage and Downloads
Then dropped the extracted bios exe on the root of the drive
booted from usb into Freedos
cd c:
autoexec.bat

that did it

Only changed ACHI mode in bios
had to boot my working ML install with command DSDT=/dev/null
removed DSDT but still have to boot with that command.

Oh had to run multibeast for sound, Non-dsdt HDA file

already had one crash... just complete freeze
2 crashes in Osx
1 in windows

seems UFI is having some issues :(

All good to know. I think I'll hold off. I don't really see a reason to update until the improvements outweigh the drawbacks!

Wow, thank you so much OP! I had been struggling with the DSDT from the database and I couldn't get the HD3000 to show or the audio to work. Now, thanks to you, I've got everything working. The only thing, and I believe its a hardware issue, is my wifi doesn't appear. It's not recognized at all. Before I followed your guide, wifi was working for me during the OS install.

I'll figure it out. Once again, thank you so much. You really just saved me days of frustration!

oh, installing Chimera 1.11 from the download section (not from Multibeast) was a key step. Stopped my Kernel Panics and allowed booting to the HDD without flags.

I am having problems while booting up with the same board. I seem get into the sytem fine without any KPs, but after the os loads keyboard does not work for about 5-6 mins and the mouse can move around but clicks are not registered.

have tried USBbusFix=Yes, and have also tried replacing IOUSBFamily.kext from lion. Doesnt help.

any help will be much appreciated.

Wow, thank you so much OP! I had been struggling with the DSDT from the database and I couldn't get the HD3000 to show or the audio to work. Now, thanks to you, I've got everything working. The only thing, and I believe its a hardware issue, is my wifi doesn't appear. It's not recognized at all. Before I followed your guide, wifi was working for me during the OS install.

I'll figure it out. Once again, thank you so much. You really just saved me days of frustration!

oh, installing Chimera 1.11 from the download section (not from Multibeast) was a key step. Stopped my Kernel Panics and allowed booting to the HDD without flags.

Interesting about v. 1.11. What I've got right now works so I'll stick with it.

I've heard things about WiFi going wonky on Mountain Lion, particularly for those who use the "RALink" program to connect. Same with Rosewill. Might want to look into that. I use a native wireless card and had no issues on either of my builds, though I did have to fight a little with the Ethernet on this board as described.

Hd 3000 artifacts..?

I haven't had any yet on Mountain Lion. I used to have the odd one or two on Lion. That might just be random. I'll let you know in 2 months for sure :)

I am having problems while booting up with the same board. I seem get into the sytem fine without any KPs, but after the os loads keyboard does not work for about 5-6 mins and the mouse can move around but clicks are not registered.

have tried USBbusFix=Yes, and have also tried replacing IOUSBFamily.kext from lion. Doesnt help.

any help will be much appreciated.

What Keyboard/Mouse are you using? Are you connecting through Bluetooth, USB, or (with hack) PS2?

Places only patch activation hd 3000 add my DSDT... I do not find online...

Definition imac 12,2 (2600K) launchpad e mission more fluid...

Animation Dock small uncertainties respect to perfection

sorry my english...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back