Contribute
Register

Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3P, i5 3570k, 8gb Corsiar Vengeance RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just put together this same exact build based on this site's CustoMac guide. i5 3570k, BA75M-D3P, 8GB Corsair Vengeance RAM. I gotta say I'm pretty disappointed. Not at the OP, but at this site for recommending it as ideal hardware for a smooth, vanilla hackintosh install. It's anything but. It requires graphics enabler=yes or else it's XGA only, and even then I have to unplug DVI or HDMI and plug it back in (or refresh displays) every reboot because otherwise I get a distorted screen. I need HDMI audio, but without a DSDT or even a patch for this board, getting that to work seems incredibly complicated. This setup is actually more work and far less "native" than my previous hackintosh (a Core 2 on a Zotac 9300 ITX board) which runs 10.8.2 with far less work - doesn't even need Multibeast. Other than this thread (and one by moarfish for the similar BA75-D3H) there is no guide nor a thread with many users sharing their experience. Why the hell does tonymacx86 recommend this setup?

I just got HDMI audio working. My DSDT is attached. i5 3570k, GA-B75M-D3P, 8GB Corsair Vengeance RAM.

If your setup is different, here are the steps I followed using this guide...

http://www.tonymacx86.com/hdmi-audio/62880-mountain-lion-hdmi-audio-hd4000.html

... which is incredibly difficult to follow and it points to a newer one which didn't work out for me at all. I'll share the steps I followed so that other neurotypical people might understand. Again, this is for anyone with this specific board and an Ivy Bridge CPU with HD 4000. I have the exact hardware in the thread title. Rev 01 of the motherboard, running the latest firmware.

1. Download and run DSDTSE.
http://www.osx86.net/view/459-dsdt_simple_editor_dsdtse_v1.4.3.html

2. Click on "Extract DSDT"

3. Go to "File" and "Save .dsl." Remember where you save it. Quit DSDTSE.

4. Download this file from the guide:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/attachmen...000-hd4000_hdmi_audio_dsdt_editing_kit_v1.zip

5. Extract it and open "hdmi_audio_ivy_bridge.txt" with TextEdit.

6. Press Command-F and search for "layout-id."

7. A few lines under it, change "0x8E, 0x01, 0x00, 0x00" to "0x83, 0x01, 0x00, 0x00" - so just change the E to a 3.

8. Save the file to your desktop.

9. Download and run DSDT Editor:
http://olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=62

10. Click File, then Open the dsdt.dsl file you saved in step #3.

11. Click Patch, then Open and select the "hdmi_audio_ivy_bridge.txt" you saved to your desktop in step #8.

12. Apply the patch.

13. Save the .dsl.

14. Quit DSDT Editor and launch DSDTSE again.

15. Open the .dsl.

16. Click on Tools, then Compile DSDT. A new window should pop up that says success with no errors.

17. Click on Tools, DSDT Folder.

18. Make sure the file is named DSDT.aml. Then copy it into your /Extra folder.

19. Reboot.

20. Go to System Preferences/Sound and you should see your HDMI audio device as an Output device (mine says SAMSUNG because it's plugged into a Samsung TV).

Attachments

• dsdt.aml.zip
    15.2 KB · Views: 148
I've followed the above guide. I've even done a fresh install and used the dsdt provide but still nothing.

I have the exact setup as above. What bios version is the dsdt and what was your setup with multibeast

Please help.

My BIOS is F7q, the latest one.

I'm happy to help you solve this. First of all, what BIOS settings are you using? And did you try using my DSDT first?

As for kexts, I'm using none. I have deleted everything in my /Extra/Extensions folder. The only thing I have installed from MultiBeast is the IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector which does nothing but fix the hard drive icons. I also have the HWMonitor Application installed which shows Speedstep working (FakeSMC is NOT installed - sleep doesn't work). I also used Multibeast to change the system information to an iMac Mid 2011.

That's it. No extra drivers. At one point I had the 3rd Party SATA and the ethernet drivers installed per the OP of this thread but have since deleted them. It works fine without them.

Here's my /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key> <string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1920x1080x32@60</string>

My BIOS/UEFI settings.

Tab 1 M.I.T.:
Advanced Memory Settings - change this to Profile1. The Corsair RAM is 1600mhz.

Tab 3 BIOS Features:
Intel VIrtualization Technology - Enabled

Tab 4 Peripherals:
SATA Mode Selection - AHCI
xHCI Pre-Boot Driver - Enabled
xHCI Mode - Auto (not Smart Auto)
Audio Controller - Enabled
EHCI Hand-off Auto
Super IO Configuration - All Serial Ports and LPT port disabled (probably not necessary)
Marvell ATA Controller Config - GSATA Controller/AHCI Mode

i seriously need some help here man.

Just to mention i have 16gb Corsiar Vengeance RAM if that makes a difference. cpu is the same.

ive updted my bios to f7q, changed my settings to yours, copied and pasted your boot.plist.

installed your dsdt, but nothing.

i checked under /extra. i have no extensions folder there.

im sorry to be basic and annoying, i am very grateful for your help.

lets start from the very beginning.

1. install mountain lion 10.8.2 downloaded from app store copied using unibeast to usb.
I've installed and its all good there.

2. Setted up useer account and password etc.

3. ive installed chimera 1.11.1 all ok there

now, im not sure what i should do from here on wards. i seriously need to get hdmi audio working. to complete my first ever build. again i am very grateful for your help.

Thank You

i have added my dsdt if that helps.

Attachments

• dsdt.dsl.zip
    27.4 KB · Views: 91
First thing's first. Open up DSDTSE and click on the button "Get" under Registry Info on the main window. Type "IOHDACodec" in the search box. On the right panel you should see what your IOHDACodecVendorID is. It should be "0x10ec0887" like mine. That means it's your motherboard's audio chip is version 887, like mine. That's why you changed the "E" to a "3." If for whatever reason it says something else please let me know.

i checked under /extra. i have no extensions folder there.
Did you check with the Finder or the Terminal? The files in /Extra (and subsequently /Extra/Extensions) are hidden. Do a google search and you should easily find out how to unhide files and folders on a Mac. Tell me what files are in the Extensions folder.

1. install mountain lion 10.8.2 downloaded from app store copied using unibeast to usb.
I've installed and its all good there.
I have a 10.8.0 installer which I made a few months ago. I later updated to 10.8.2. I'm not sure why that would make any difference, but I might as well point it out.

3. ive installed chimera 1.11.1 all ok there
How did you install Chimera? Using Multibeast?

A couple of things.

1. What kind of Mac does 10.8.2 think you have? It may be possible that HDMI audio will only work if it's identified as a Mac known to have HDMI. This is a long shot but it's worth checking.

2. Check /System/Library/Extensions folder. Is there a file called "AppleHDA.kext" in there? It should still be there.

My mac, system info is set as a mini late 2012

i checked and i have IOHDACodecVendorID 0x10ec0887

i seriously am upset coz i dont what im doing wrong, i know hdmi audio works, coz it works perfectly under windows.

applehda.kext is present in /System/Library/Extensions

mac is showing all files and no /extra/extensions folder

i just dont know what else i can do.

Is that DSDT you attached before or after patching it? If it's after, send me one from before. I'll try patching in on my machine and see what happens.

Another question. How are you "installing" the DSDT? The dsdt.aml (NOT the dsdt.dsl) should just go in your /Extra folder.

Also I know this is a longshot, but try changing from a Mac Mini to an iMac.

Working in Windows doesn't mean much. HDMI audio is always the most pain in the ass thing to get working in hackintoshes, in my experience. Most of the wonderful people who contribute to this scene don't use or require HDMI audio. Lots of people are sitting at a desk with regular computer speakers, and most monitors and TVs can accept analog audio along with HDMI or DVI video. They're certainly not using a multi-room system with an HDMI Matrix switch like I am, for example. Some people have trouble envisioning setups and requirements different from their own, so they feel like it's not important and that people who want HDMI audio are being anal retentive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back