Graphics
Intel HD 4400
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Updated BIOS to F5. Changed BIOS option Advanced>CFG lock>Disabled, otherwise "optimized defaults"
Prepared USB stick as per guide, 10.9.4.
I see apple logo, but after it finished loading, black screen. :banghead:

Verbose output here:
KP.jpg

Using MiniDisplayPort with VGA adaptor into old 1024x768 montor.

Suggestions welcome. Should I try Clover?

try "-x GraphicsEnabler=No" (without "") it will help u bypass apple logo screen

Updated BIOS to F5. Changed BIOS option Advanced>CFG lock>Disabled, otherwise "optimized defaults"

Verbose output here:
View attachment 100483

No don't use that use GraphicsEnabler=Yes IGPEnabler=Yes and ditch the VGA monitor Mac OS X supports only dvi hdmi and mini display ports for monitor connections

No don't use that use GraphicsEnabler=Yes IGPEnabler=Yes and ditch the VGA monitor Mac OS X supports only dvi hdmi and mini display ports for monitor connections

No luck.

I am using the mini display port output with a converter. Is there a limitation on the supported resolution i OS X? Is 1024x768 too small?

The only other monitor I have right now is an old Apple Cinema Display with the converter for DVI.

- - - Updated - - -

Meanwhile I have also run memtest and checked that RAM is OK.

Verbose output here:
View attachment 100483

It's a deadbeef error - Boot with -v -x maxmem=4096

Good Luck

i don't understand the term "deadbeef error"...

i already tried a lot of boot options, including the one you suggest. Same error happens.

It doesn't really matter if you understand it or not - You still have it - Read your own screenshot - Use Search for more info.

Please put your specs in your profile like it says in the Rules.
"Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you."

Thanks in anticipation.

No luck.

I am using the mini display port output with a converter. Is there a limitation on the supported resolution i OS X? Is 1024x768 too small?

The only other monitor I have right now is an old Apple Cinema Display with the converter for DVI.

- - - Updated - - -

Meanwhile I have also run memtest and checked that RAM is OK.
The adapter is not going to help you ditch the whole using a VGA monitor altogether with or without an adapter so we can rule out your monitor connection using a VGA monitor can cause some really weird things to happen in the OS so just ditch trying to use it

It doesn't really matter if you understand it or not - You still have it - Read your own screenshot - Use Search for more info.

Please put your specs in your profile like it says in the Rules.
"Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you."

Thanks in anticipation.

OK, I have updated my profile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back