Contribute
Register

GFX cards for High Sierra 10.13 without issues/glitching?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-H87N-WIFI
CPU
i5-4670K
Graphics
RX 580
My Nvidia GTX 660TI has been working solid for couple of years now, until I upgraded to High Sierra. It started glitching really bad and the system freezes completely if I open certain websites with embedded videos, even yahoo homepage. It worked OOB or with WebDrivers on 10.12, never had any issues.

I've tried various 'fixes' with mixed success, but the glitching comes back after a while. I see similar issues even with my MacBook Pro Retina(2014), which also has Nvidia card, but not as often.

I understand that High Sierra and Nvidia are not playing well together at the moment, but I'm hoping there are GPUs that work well. Can anyone suggest what they're using, hopefully supported OOB?

Thanks

My Nvidia GTX 660TI has been working solid for couple of years now, until I upgraded to High Sierra. It started glitching really bad and the system freezes completely if I open certain websites with embedded videos, even yahoo homepage. It worked OOB or with WebDrivers on 10.12, never had any issues.

I've tried various 'fixes' with mixed success, but the glitching comes back after a while. I see similar issues even with my MacBook Pro Retina(2014), which also has Nvidia card, but not as often.

I understand that High Sierra and Nvidia are not playing well together at the moment, but I'm hoping there are GPUs that work well. Can anyone suggest what they're using, hopefully supported OOB?

Thanks

Nvidia Graphics is broken in High Sierra.
GTX760 has issues.
My Apple MacBook 2010 with Nvidia 320m has issues with artefacts and broken Sleep.

Any Nvidia cards would glitch? What about AMD?

Can Intel 4600 drive two 1080p monitors? I have it disabled right now but open to try. My build is similar to yours, based on the signature.

Can Intel 4600 drive two 1080p monitors? I have it disabled right now but open to try. My build is similar to yours, based on the signature.

Of course. HD 4600 can drive up to 3 Monitors depending on the Motherboard.
Your motherboard has 2x HDMI Ports & a DVI Port. Better to use both HDMI Ports.

I'll give it a shot. Do I need to inject any specific ID in Clover or just "Inject Intel" is enough.

I'll give it a shot. Do I need to inject any specific ID in Clover or just "Inject Intel" is enough.

You will need to do work.
IGPU shows under GFX0 natively. Will need to be renamed to IGPU. Add Rename GFX0 to IGPU.
Intel MEI Controller will need to show under IMEI. Cant tell much without looking at ioreg.
IGPU will require Frame Buffer edits.
You can inject via Clover or a SSDT injector. You could probably use SSDT-IGPU from the H97N-WIFI Fork.

My EVGA GT 710 2GB works perfectly with the stock drivers. My GTX 970 is also working fine with the current Web Drivers.

I gave up on the built-in HD4600 and looking to get a triple monitor setup with 2K or 4K resolution. I am ready to purchase another graphics card. Haven't picked the monitors yet, but I'm guessing I need 3 DP ports.

After reading different feedback, I'm still not sure what card to get. Between GTX 1050/1060/1070TI and the AMD RX570/580 cards backordered, what is a descent card in the $200-400 range?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back