Contribute
Register

Getting Started on a Hackintosh Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.
The ASUS BIOS is a little backwards. First you have the device boot order, then scroll down and select the drive boot order at bottom of page.

thank you, got it working! :)

I've done that, downloaded it off the site, copied the .CAP file to the root of the thumbdrive. I flashed the BIOS, it was done in less than 2 minutes.

I came back into Macintosh and tried to kick it into Sleep Mode and it doesn't work, I can't wake it back up from sleep. Any indications for SpeedStep?

in the bios, set c1e, c3 and c6 to enabled.
set internal pll overvoltage to disabled

in the bios, set c1e, c3 and c6 to enabled.
set internal pll overvoltage to disabled

Done as you have mentioned and I tried kicking it into sleep mode; doesn't work. However leaving it there long enough enters sleep mode just fine; but the CPU and all are obviously running and not in sleep mode. How do I check if SpeedStep is now working??

from the other thread

I selected these options in MultiBeast:
Screen%20Shot%202012-11-14%20at%208.06.27%20PM.png

easybeast includes nullcpu.
nullcpu takes over the power management from the appleintelcpupowermanagement kext.
you get no speedstep, or sleep.

to fix this, delete ElliottForceLegacyRTC, EvOreboot.kext and NullCPUPowerManagement.kext from /System/Library/Extensions.
then repair permissions/rebuild caches.

from the other thread

easybeast includes nullcpu.
nullcpu takes over the power management from the appleintelcpupowermanagement kext.
you get no speedstep, or sleep.

to fix this, delete ElliottForceLegacyRTC, EvOreboot.kext and NullCPUPowerManagement.kext from /System/Library/Extensions.
then repair permissions/rebuild caches.

cool, thanks for the support. Repairing permissions and Rebuilding of Caches are done in Disk Utility right?

If not, how do you rebuild caches and repair permissions?

were you doing anything?

that just shows you are idling at 1.6ghz (the numbers shown are multipliers, the base clock is 100, so 16 would be 1600mhz or 1.6ghz and so on).

use something like geekbench, and then browse the web for a few minutes.

if it stays at 16, you have an issue we need to find.
if it shows more speeds, speedstep is working.

what you are looking for is a nice spread.
so 16-20 for idle/low usage, with the cpu clocking up to 30 something+ for when you are doing more intensive stuff

were you doing anything?

that just shows you are idling at 1.6ghz (the numbers shown are multipliers, the base clock is 100, so 16 would be 1600mhz or 1.6ghz and so on).

use something like geekbench, and then browse the web for a few minutes.

if it stays at 16, you have an issue we need to find.
if it shows more speeds, speedstep is working.

what you are looking for is a nice spread.
so 16-20 for idle/low usage, with the cpu clocking up to 30 something+ for when you are doing more intensive stuff

Yea I wasn't doing anything much just now. I launched Photoshop, Lightroom and Final Cut Pro, now I'm getting 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 34, 35 and 37. This is correct right? Thanks so much again!

Btw, if I want to Overclock my Graphics Card and Processor, will there be any problems on this end for the Hackintosh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back