Not open for further replies.

pan

Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have a Gigabyte H55M-USB 3 F11 with an nVidia GT240 512. I'm really happy with my system right now except I'd really like to get HDMI audio. I've tried deleting anything that has "HDA" from the /s/l/e and installing each of the VooDooHDA kexts (one at a time), but I cant seem to get it to work. I'm not too saavy with editting DSDTs, so I was trying to use the "easy method" that Tony posted.

Any help or advice is much appreciated!

I'd be keen to know as well. Even if its possible for HDMI audio with a GT220 (I have an eVGA GT220 1gb card). Thanks guys.

I also have an Nvidia Galaxy GT240 and I can't get audio to work correctly through HDMI either. Sorry for posting without a solution, but it may help to know you aren't the only one with the issue ;)

Thanks for that-I've been looking into it and still haven't had any luck yet. But I will keep trying and eventually I'll find one that works with my 889 or my HDMI or even better both :) I'm risking it and just doing process of elimination with MultiBeast audio kexts

this works for me
multibeast
audio rollback
voodoo 2.1
restart
system preferences
sound
output device
should work on one of the digital outs
usually second one from top

voodoo 2.1 gave me KP-I'm going to use the rollback and then try 2.2 to see how that goes. When I do finally get this configured, I am going to make a time machine backup on a separate hdd, then reload Snow Leopard from scratch (formatted hdd) and finish this tutorial I started to kind of make for this setup :) I can't wait

shady515 said:
voodoo 2.1 gave me KP-I'm going to use the rollback and then try 2.2 to see how that goes. When I do finally get this configured, I am going to make a time machine backup on a separate hdd, then reload Snow Leopard from scratch (formatted hdd) and finish this tutorial I started to kind of make for this setup :) I can't wait

voodoo 2.1 never gave me a kp later versions have
make sure u delete voodoo kext and choose audio rollback and voodoo 2.1 in multibeast

I'm going to have to reload already. Does it matter if it's a Galaxy GT240? Can I just use a sound card instead? I do have this soundblaster sound card just sitting here-but will it be recognized? Hmm...This is a bit more complicated that I thought. Oh, and I searched a bit and I'm still unclear as to how to remove/uninstall a kext, so I formatted and am reloading now, following my fail guide I posted...I will get this eventually, one day, someday, but that day is looking far from today.

Strange--months later i tried again to fix this based on the Rollback/VooDoo 2.1 suggestion, and i actually get audio from the onboard audio, not the GT240 HDMI. Wierd thing is that it shows all the on board options, and then shows 4 digital outs as well (none worked)

Any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back