Contribute
Register

Geforce GTX 660 not performing as good as everyone else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI Z68-GD65 (G3)
CPU
Core i7 37770k
Graphics
Radeon HD 7850
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
So about a month ago i bought a MSI Twin Frozr 3 and i installed the nvidia driver and cuda one as well and it is just not performing as well as everyone that has a GTX 660 it performs extremely well in windows so i know the Graphics Card is not the problem please help.

Specs
Intel Core i7 3770k @4.2Ghz
8GB ram @ 1600 Mhz
MSI Twin Frozor 3 GTX 660
Corsair Force 3 SSD
Gigabyte z77x UD5H

can anyone please help

Same thing for me with a GT240 DDR5 , good in windows but half perf in Mac Os.
Try to catch where the bottleneck is, by executing CUDA-Z and CINEBENCH on both windows and mac os.
For my shelf , the host to device "pinned" perfs are half in Mac Os, still investigating though.

Same thing for me with a GT240 DDR5 , good in windows but half perf in Mac Os.
Try to catch where the bottleneck is, by executing CUDA-Z and CINEBENCH on both windows and mac os.
For my shelf , the host to device "pinned" perfs are half in Mac Os, still investigating though.

I am having same issue. My GTX 660 test in windows shows 80FPS while in MAC it shows only 40FPS. Even I have installed offical nVidia drivers from nVidia.com.

Any Solutions?

Hi all,

Just put in the GTX 660 it is working great, however, I cannot get OpenCL to work. I came from the dreaded 560ti to this card and now no OpenCL!

For your information my kexts all have the 3/10/13 date on them and say version 8.10.44 (I assume this is the native Apple 10.8.3 kexts???)
GraphicsEnabler=No
I still have one 560ti in the lower slot, (that shouldn't matter)

This has to be something simple, what on earth am I doing wrong?

Please let me know if I need to change frameworks as well as kexts as I am not too sure, so far I have been keeping the frameworks with their corresponding kexts...if that makes sense.

Like I said, card(s) are working great, just no OpenCL on the GTX 660, thought it would be an easy swap, just put the card in, put the original unmodified kexts back, and everything should work. Knew it would be harder than that.... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back