Contribute
Register

Geforce GTX 550 Ti on Yosemite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Guys

I have the same card GTX 550 Ti running 10.0.2

Here are the steps to make it work perfectly without any freezes

1- If you are using Chimera/chameleon boot with : GraphicsEnabler=Yes IGPEnabler=No

2- change your Mac model by using Multibeast or clover configurator to Mac Pro 3,1 (the easiest option) then reboot

3- Download & install Nvidia web drivers for yosemite ( make sure the driver matches your OS X version )

4- Choose Nvidia web driver from system preferences & reboot , that's it.

Note that :
(Nvidia web drivers can only be installed on Mac Pro models , while Cuda can be installed on any model)
(Installing cuda without the driver won't change a thing)

-Mac pro 4,1 model is not working at least for me
- You can select Mac pro 5,1 but you have to remove AppleTyMCEDriver.kext from S/L/E or you ll get KP ( use it on you own risk)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-03-05 at 9.29.52 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-03-05 at 9.29.52 PM.jpg
    206.4 KB · Views: 796
Hope this helps rfwagner! :rolleyes:

Well, well, well my friend.

What you describe to me make my hackintosh almost perfect!

Is very smooth now, the freezes that it gets almost every 5 mins or less are history.

Sometimes it gets some overloading with spining ball, but i wait for 30sec or 1 min and it get back.

Thank you very much for that! Now i can use my system normally.

Hey Guys

I have the same card GTX 550 Ti running 10.0.2

Here are the steps to make it work perfectly without any freezes

1- If you are using Chimera/chameleon boot with : GraphicsEnabler=Yes IGPEnabler=No

2- change your Mac model by using Multibeast or clover configurator to Mac Pro 3,1 (the easiest option) then reboot

3- Download & install Nvidia web drivers for yosemite ( make sure the driver matches your OS X version )

4- Choose Nvidia web driver from system preferences & reboot , that's it.

Note that :
(Nvidia web drivers can only be installed on Mac Pro models , while Cuda can be installed on any model)
(Installing cuda without the driver won't change a thing)

-Mac pro 4,1 model is not working at least for me
- You can select Mac pro 5,1 but you have to remove AppleTyMCEDriver.kext from S/L/E or you ll get KP ( use it on you own risk)

Like i said in my previous post, everything are almost perfect.
I'm gonna use more like the way i'm using (iMac 14,2), and after some time i change to your description.

Thank you too for this informations

The problem I am having with is 550 TI is when I boot in to the Hackintosh and I see the apple logo load screen my monitor goes on stand by mode. My question is what do type in at the Chimera boot screen for this to work?

hello alquem could help me my gtx 550 ti n to carry on mac os x loading screen Yosemite 10.10.1 do not know more q I already installed the driver web and nothing resembling q installei the mac os x Yosemite by the video card and onboard not the pci always q installava the pci appeared pci configuration en leave it :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::(:banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back