Contribute
Register

GA-Z97X-UD7 TH (rev. 1.0) Success with OS do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been working on it all day long (more in-depth testing), and I have a small update for you guys.

- The HD 4600 within my i7-4770k doesn't work.... and I don't know why because I've read that it worked on Z87 boards. Probably an issue with the new chipset. Z97 is supposed to support Iris Pro in the 5th gen chips, so I'm sure Intel changed something. But I honestly have exhausted everything I can think of to fix it. I had been using an old Geforce 660 Ti which was working fine, but just took it out for a different system.

- Power management is all jacked up. Probably related to a new chipset feature but I was unaware Intel changed power management. Thinking I may have to do a custom SSDT, but I have never actually done my own SSDT edits before so it will be a new experience for me.

In other news, I fixed my "broken" Crucial M4 SSD. Apparently there was an issue with newer chipsets and the older firmware I was using on my Crucial M4. Updated the firmware works great now.

Hi i have purchased this mother board: Gigabyte GA Z97X-UD7TH and cannot seem to get it working with Maverics using unibeast method.
Do you or anyone out there have the correct Bios settings for this motherboard?
I am not sure of what the basic bios settings are for this board before installing?
I am using a Intel Haswell Core i7 - 4770K 3.5GHZ 8mb LGA1150
Have a Samsung 240GB SSD and just one 8GB DDR3 1600mhz Ram module, and 650watt Powersupply
Will use on board graphics for now.

Anyone with advice or ideas on settings would be much appreciated?

Thanks.

Will use on board graphics for now.

Anyone with advice or ideas on settings would be much appreciated?

Thanks.
On-board graphics don't seem to work... at least not for me. I had to use a dedicated Nvidia card.

Alrighty then... preliminary update:

And now for the meat...

- OS X boot times are annoyingly long.

Try going into System/Library/Extensions and deleting the Thunderbolt-related kexts:

AppleThunderboltDPAdapters.kext
AppleThunderboltEDMService.kext
AppleThunderboltNHI.kext
AppleThunderboltPCIAdapters.kext
AppleThunderboltUTDM.kext
IOThunderboltFamily.kext

Let us know how that works!

Hi there, I just built my first Hackintosh with a Gigabyte G97X-Gaming 7 board- http://www.gigabyte.us/products/prod...px?pid=4959#ov

I can't get it to boot to the latest Mavericks without using -x (safe mode). I assume our boards are similar, so what's the trick? How are you getting yours to boot completely? Mine gets stuck at the screen below (see attached).

Thanks!

Sean

Intel i7 4770K

Asus GeForce GTX 760 2GB DirectCU II OC

Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 7 G1 Gaming LGA-1150

16GB (2x8) Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3 1600MHz

256GB Samsung 840 PRO SSD

Seagate Barracuda 3 TB HDD SATA 6 Gb/s

Stuck.JPG

Hi, thanks, I've performed all of your suggestions. I thought since there are very few threads about the new z97x boards it would be ok to ask for help here. I started another thread...

Update:

- HD 4600 works when I boot via safe mode. Otherwise.... nadda.
- Boot time is fixed when I delete the "AppleThunderboltNHI.kext" Thanks to whoever found that in the TB 2.0 testing thread.

- Regarding functionality the all-mighty Thunderbolt...I shall provide a visual: :banghead:
I went from somewhat functional Thunderbolt ports to ports that don't do jack. I even had a computer that didn't boot for quite awhile.

At the moment I am trying a more barebones approach to installing Mac OS X. Can't explain exact details cause... well... rules are rules. :shh: But if I am successful I will find a way to report.

Hi just wondering have you managed to get this motherboard to boot properly with Maverics?
I can only get it to boot in safe mode? Are all main things on the board working for you except for thunderbolt? I am simply tying to get a basic install working easily at this stage. I will then worry about thunderbolt later? Do you have any advice or kexts you recommend to getting this booting normally?
Sorry I seem to have quite a bit of trouble at this stage, any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back