Contribute
Register

GA-Z97X-UD7-TH panic screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Turns out the drive was recognised in disk utilities but was not partitioned. (Thought it was already) YAY!
Also, complete success using a TB to FW adaptor and a Presonus FireWire 2626.
Just install Presonus firecontrol. NOT universal control software.

Hello everyone,

I've had 3 failed attempts now. I have a similar issue and since my spec was very close to Fabhack I decided not to open a new thread and post here instead.

I have:
Gigabye Z97X-UD7 TH (Updated BIOS using Windows 8 to F4)
Intel i7 4790k
Crucial Ballistix 16GB (I haven't tried installing using only 1 stick)
Radeon HD 6850 (only card I have access to at the moment)

Loaded optimized settings in BIOS, disabled VT-d, changed XMP to profile1, disabled Thunderbolt, disabled Intel Graphics.

Successfully installed using -x GraphicsEnabler=No
Restarted, started up using -x GraphicsEnabler=No

Deleted the Thunderbolt related kexts from System/Library/Extensions right after Mavericks installation.

Tried Multibeast settings using these 3 methods:
1 - http://www.tonymacx86.com/374-unibeast-install-os-x-mavericks-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html
2 - http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-buil...te-z97x-ud7-th-8gb-ram-hd4600.html#post833099
3 - http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...ation-9-series-motherboards-2.html#post827179

Multibeast successfully installed, but after restart, it freezes on apple logo screen. Every single method I used on multibeast.

I now, after installing Mavericks one more time, have decided to wait until i find a solution before going ahead installing Multibeast and fixing Intel HD 4600.

after fixing these by the help of you guys, I hope to get to the audio fix :(

@ramin85 did you disable Intel Turbo Boost in the BIOS settings ? Seems to work for most
who try that. If you could post the contents of your org.chamelon.boot.plist that would help
too.

Do I do that before or after installation of OSX? Also would it affect CPU's performance in the future? I also run windows 8.1 on a different drive.

Do I do that before or after installation of OSX? Also would it affect CPU's performance in the future? I also run windows 8.1 on a different drive.

Just try it for now, you won't have to keep that setting. We want to just see if it's causing a KP.

EDIT:

So i'm back home and disabled Turbo boost,

after an hour or so these are my results:

This time I decided to fix the intel graphics before multibeast. So I used Kextbeast to replace AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext.

Tried booting with no boot flags and voila!
Got the transparent toolbar and full colors.

Installed Multibeast using the second option mentioned in my first post. Restarted, and it booted!
Restarted again, enabled Intel Graphics in BIOS, chose IGFX as Initial Display, connected the onboard HDMI and not booting!

So, I reverted Initial Display back to PCIe 1Slot and connected back to my Radeon 6850 HDMI and it booted and although the volume control is accessible, there's no sound.

I also tried turning the Turbo Boost back on but it won't boot to Mavericks… kernel panic.

Ramin85 that turbo boost delivers KP. It knocked some,not lots of, processor performance off but I wasn't too fussed.
Glad you got over the line.
Is anyone here using two displays using the IGPX?
I haven't been able to use eg DVI and HDMI or
HDMI and VGA or DVI and VGA.
I can run Displayport and an hdmi/DVI/VGA
Would like to ditch my dedicated video card.

Ramin85 that turbo boost delivers KP. It knocked some,not lots of, processor performance off but I wasn't too fussed.

I have the same mb and processor and I never had to turn off turbo boost. The only thing was to make sure generate cpu states was unchecked.

Well, my GA-z97x-UD7-TH mobo died. Fine one day, dead the next. Never over clocked and always treated with utmost care.
2 months and it died. All other components function perfectly. Have returned for replacement. Will advise on turn around length.

Returned the Motherboard to vendor about 8 weeks after purchasing.
Diagnosed as a dead BIOS chip.
8 weeks later the BIOS chip was replaced and my machine functioned as expected.
No very impressed with the fault though. Would have thought a complete replacement would have been more appropriate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back