Contribute
Register

GA-Z87X-UD5H unable to use usb keyboard(s)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
z390
CPU
i9 9900k
Graphics
rx560
Hey guys,

Just purchased a gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD5H as it was in the buyersguide to build a mac pro.

Building went fine and no problems whatsoever. But when it was time to get on with the actual installation of mavericks (downloaded directly from appstore) via unibeast. Plugged in my apple wired usb keyboard and no reaction in bios as i need bios to get everything set and make the usb my prior boot device.

then i thought well it might be that the apple keyboard misses some keystrokes and went for a cheap wireless keyboard nothing happened still no bios, after that a wired logitech still no reaction from bios and last got a logitech wireless keyboard same story.

Even cleared cmos updated bios to f8 (via ps/2 mouse and plugged out harddisk to force bios)

I hope someone can think of another option because i'm starting to think that my brand new motherboard is broken. Im really desperate and out of options after 3 days of trying (and hitting every key related to the bios like a madman haha) to get my hack pro running

Thanks

I'd worry 'bout the board. No surprise that the apple keyboard doesn't work properly in the bios, but everything else you tried should work. Time to call the manufacturer or the retailer...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back