Contribute
Register

GA-Z87-OC & Intel Core i7-4790K

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used the HP Win Dos Utility to update my BIOS and it worked like a charm!

Great! :p

Anyways, I currently have only Windows 7 64bit installed and I plan to install OS X Mavericks on another SSD I'll buy in the future. :)

And, for some reason RealTemp says that my CPU ratio is varying from random values below 40x to over 43.5x, even though I set the ratio to precisely 40.0x in the BIOS, this causes the CPU to run at ver 4.3GHz under load, how I should lock it so that it never goes over 4.0GHz, I don't want to overclock it before I've applied the thermal paste properly.

Edit:

So yeah, the vcore is also way too high on Automatic setting (1.400v max) ... <_>

Does anyone here know how could I keep it at adaptive mode but set an upper limit of 1.200v? I'm currently stuck at running it at constant 1.200v no matter what clockspeed which isn't ideal...

I have build this set up ( i7-4770K) 4 times already and I have to say - I love it!
but now I have used i7-4790K for the first time... And I have got in to trouble!

needed to change some bios settings to get post installation working! Now 5 min after start up it freezes.
Have anyone experience with this processor i7-4790K?
Please advice!:idea:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back