Contribute
Register

GA-Z77X-UD5H - I can not install! :( Help-me... please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
I still didn't read
CPU
the RULES
Graphics
so ignore me
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi guys,

I'm trying to build my first hackintosh and I can not even bring up the setup screen of the OS X Lion. I'm very upset, I spent the morning reading the forum and trying everything and it still fails. I'm totally frustrated.

I'm already a Mac user and I have two Macbooks Pro (13" and 15") and a Mac mini, but as I work with video production I wanted to build a desktop.

My configuration is:

• Corsair 500R
• Corsair AX1200
• Intel Core i7 3770K CPU
• GA-Z77X-UD5H - running now F5 bios (I tried F8 too)
• 8 Gb (x2 4Gb) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 RAM 1600 C9
• Corsair Force GT 120GB
• Cooler Corsair H80
• Sony DVD-RW
• Apple USB Keyboard
• Logitech Mouse

Video cards I tried:

• EVGA GTX580 3GB
• Intel HD 4000 (Ivy Bridge)
• Geforce 9800 GT
• ATI HD 3850
• ATI HD 4600

I´m using a SANDISK Cruzer 16GB Pen Drive to mount Unibeast + OSX Lion.

I Did download from MAC APP STORE LION OS X 10.7.4 and use a UNIBEAST 1.4 to did a Boot Pendrive.

I have version 10.7.3 (InstallESD.dmg) but I could not do UNIBEAST recognizes it for me to create a USB stick with it. Any help?

All video cards I tried connecting the first PCI-E slot (closest to the CPU).

I have plugged into the SATA 2 (Black - 2) Sony DVD recorder.
I have connected to SATA 3 (white - 0) Corsair 120GB SSD.
Both SATAs controlled by Z77 intel chipset.

Memories (2x 4GB) are in banks 1 and 2 (Dual Channel)

Bios Configuration:

I loaded Optimized Defaults and changed:

- Boot Option (First DVD-RW, Second Corsair SSD)
- SATA Mode Selection: AHCI

NOTE: Before installing OSX I installed W7 64bit to see if everything was working properly. I installed it on Corsair SSD. It all worked.

Now for the installation of OSX. I put the PENDRIVE in the rear USB 2 (red), I pressed F12 and selected boot from PENDRIVE. Show the boot options: USB, and installation of W7. I choose USB, the screen goes black, the screen goes black and seconds later the screen flashes white with the apple logo and the computer restarts. I tried typing the commands: GraphicsEnabler = No, PCIRootUID = 0, PCIRootUID = 1, Safety Mode, Versobe. I tried everything (all video cards) but always the screen with the Apple logo flashes and the computer restarts.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I appreciate any help.

Att.

Pedro

you need to install BridgeHelper 5.0 to the USB drive

UniBeast will ONLY work with and is supported when using the complete Install Mac OS X Lion app in the /Applications folder.

Bridgehelper 5.0
+
pcelli said:
Memories (2x 4GB) are in banks 1 and 2 (Dual Channel)
Is this what Gigabyte tells you to do? I would double check that.

Hi Guys, tks for help!

I used 10.7.4, UNIBEAST 1.4 and BH 5.

Now I can boot by USB and enter the installation. But the problem is different now, does not appear my SSD so I can format and install OS X. It is connected to SATA 3 - port 0. I wonder what may be happening now?

Any suggestions?

thelostswede said:
Did you try via the disk manager from the menu at the top?

Yes, I tried.

The problem is that this motherboard is incompatible with Unibeast 1.4 and BH 5.0. I used the Unibeast 1.4 and BH 4.0.1 and installed perfectly! I'm finishing the settings.

Hi,

I get a kernel panic on every boot.

I used to install UNIBEAST 1.4 and BH 4.0.1 (BH 5 Dont recognize my sata SSD)

Then I run MultiBeast-4.6.1 and chosse only UserDSDT Install and Graphics NVIDIA 4xx 5xx suport - 10.7.2+ Combo Open CL Enabler

I get now a PANIC (CPU 0 Caller) ..... com.apple.driver.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement (193.0)

any idea?

pcelli said:
thelostswede said:
Did you try via the disk manager from the menu at the top?

The problem is that this motherboard is incompatible with Unibeast 1.4 and BH 5.0. I used the Unibeast 1.4 and BH 4.0.1 and installed perfectly! I'm finishing the settings.

That's weird. I used Unibeast 1.4 with BH 5 and it worked fine for me. I was thinking your issue would have been with the SSD requiring TRIM enabled. My install was to an HDD, then I installed TRIM support on the HDD and CarbonCopied the HDD to the SDD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back