Contribute
Register

GA-Z77M-D3H 10.7 Install (no drives in disk utility)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS Maxiumus VII GENE
CPU
i7-4700K
Graphics
Gigabyte RadeonRX 5700 XT 8GB GAMING OC 8G
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have been reading a lot about this board and I purchased it last week. I have been trying to get Lion installed and have had no luck yet. Here are the steps I have taken

1. Followed the quick guide to configure the UEFI on the Gigabyte 7 series motherboards. (Changed IDE to AHCI)
http://www.tonymacx86.com/99-quick-guide-configuring-uefi-gigabyte-s-7-series-lga-1155-boards.html

2. I made a USB bootable flashdrive following the tonymacx86 unibeast method on my 10.6.8 hackintosh.

3. I Ran Bridgehelper targeting my usb flashdrive.

4. I booted up to the Lion install with no Problems

5. When I go to Disk Utility, the only disk showing is my usb.

I have been searching online and I haven't been able to find any answers on how to solve this. I also checked to make sure that my SSD was connected to a blue SATA port as well.

To give further information, I also tried installing Lion on a WD Caviar Green 500gb hard drive. It wouldn't show up either. Did anyone with the Z77 board have this problem?

I am still unable to figure out a solution to this problem. Anyone have any suggestions? So far my computer is not running and I bought it more than a week ago.

I am having exactly the same problem, tried everything, can anyone help us out?
I see others have been having success stories with this board.

Different board, but same problem. Unibeast prepared, BridgeHelper applied Lion USB in a USB2.0 port. No other drive installed besides WD 1TB on SATA II port. Lion installer boots just fine, just no drives detected in Disk Utility. AHCI selected in BIOS. Didn't have this issue with 10.8 install on same board.

Same problem here.

Any help???

Anyone figured this out?

Being looking for an answer on the Forum, but no luck....

Thanks!

Have any of you tried with earlier versions of BridgeHelper from http://www.tonymacx86.com/downloads.php?do=cat&id=9 ?

I found BH5.0 did not work to install, but BH4.0 did.

Also, remember that first boot after install it is necessary to boot the UniBeast USB and at the install screen go to Utilities->Terminal and delete the mach_kernel from the new install HDD Lion root. Quit installer and reboot.

At the Chimera screen after deleting the mach_kernel, select your Lion icon and hit enter. It will come back and say "can't find mach_kernel" (which is, of course, because you deleted it! :mrgreen: )
Select the UniBeast installer icon again and hit enter. It should boot right into your Lion install. Run the BridgeHelper 5.0 at once after you get to desktop and then run MultiBeast and you should be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back