Graphics
Sapphire Radeon HD7970 GHz Vapor-X
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
If you actually clicked on my thread in this swamp of a board, I am extremely appreciative!

Now, my relevant system specs:
Gigabyte GA-Z77-UD5H
i5 3570K
Two Sapphire Radeon 7970s in Crossfire
Sandisk Extreme 120GB SSD

I have successfully installed 10.8.3 and updated to 10.8.4.
My system recognizes the two 7970s, but I can only boot from my USB stick. When I go to boot from the SSD, I get the dreaded black screen with gibberish text.
Sleep works, I have the rotation trick installed and set to load on boot.

Another issue I'm having is that my BIOS settings reset after I restart my system. So I will load the profile with Tonymac's suggested settings for my motherboard and AMD 7xxx cards, boot into OSX, and when I restart the BIOS settings will reset to default and I will have to boot back into the BIOS and change them. Anybody know how to fix this?

I am using Displayport --> 7970s in Crossfire

Any tips, tricks, or advice would be amazing. This is really frustrating considering everything except my graphics cards are in Tonymac's buyer's guide, and I paid the extra money so that installation would be relatively seamless.

edit: here is a screenshot of the gibberish text
I tried the solution here: (http://www.tonymacx86.com/25-boot0-error-official-guide.html) with no luck
IMG_0633.jpg

Well, I think I finally fixed my boot0 error, so here is what I did:

1. Booted into "Mountain Lion" via USB stick
2. Downloaded and installed Chameleon Wizard from here
3. Installed "Boot0md" to my Mountain Lion disk as shown here:
Screen Shot 2013-06-11 at 11.35.01 AM.png
4. Run Multibeast and install/upgrade Chimera v2.0.1 r2109 like so:
Screen Shot 2013-06-11 at 11.37.46 AM.png
5. Reboot from SSD installation and voila!

I don't know why that worked, because I had tried to install the first option "Boot0hfs" several times before and it didn't work. Maybe it was the Chimera step? I really have no idea, but I'm a little more happy now. Hope this works for you too.

Hey Anoxy,

Really fantastic that you got it working!!!

I am trying to get my 7970 (msi TFIII OC/BE) working and have the exact same issue!! (well I did, I have tried other methods that got me no where- but I bet I could get to that point again!).

Can you let me know your main steps to get this working? I'm doing a clean install of 10.8.4 so that is different... But I also have been having a really hard time getting the system to boot from HD (or anything) Mainly consists of repairing permissions and resetting bios settings etc.

I also have the exact same issue with the settings of the BIOS being reset when used with a graphics card... (mainly when I try to set Interal Graphics to disabled).

Let me know any pointers that you can - as I think that these two issues sound very very similar- and you may be able to help me out big time!!

(also I haven't seen a 7970 MSI TF on the forums- so it would be nice to add another tick on the list!)

So my issues are:

Gibberish Boot0 Text
Bios settings reset
Hard to boot from disk 10.8.4

Cheers,
Alcomposer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back