Contribute
Register

GA-Z77-DS3H: System Freeze on File Transfers

Status
Not open for further replies.
this kext works only on rev 1.0

Does this kext work with Mavericks?

Or has Shailua's ALXEthernet been fixed with large file transfers?

Hi guys, I found this thread whilst trying to solve an issue I have on my mobo (Z77-DS3H) whereby Airdrop instantly freezes my system. I wondered whether it was related to this issue at all. Do any of you who use this variant kext confirm that your Airdrop is working? Or does Airdrop not work with this kext installed?
Thanks

I can confirm that the kext in post 14 works for me in Mavericks, thanks sfr2 for uploading it.
It also seemed to fix the Airdrop issue I mentioned in my previous post for the Z77-DS3H, after installing it, Airdrop worked.
HOWEVER, oddly when I then removed it and reinstalled the original multi beast version, my Airdrop has continued to work, so I don't really know what to think there.

In conclusion, the kext works for me in 10.9, gives higher maximum (but much more variable overall) internet download speed, and may help to solve an Airdrop issue for those with the Z77-DS3H mobo (for reasons I can't explain).

I'm running 10.9 and large file transfers over Samba fail with this driver.

I don't know if it's a SMB2 thing or if the driver isn't suitable for Mavericks.

copied 1,6 TB to my drobo without any KPs.
I missed keeping an eye on transfer-rates but everything is working flawlessly.

Wake on demand is working too (e.g. iTunes via iPhone Remote-App)!

Cheers!

PS: i'm on 10.9

I'm having issues.

If I start a large file transfer from a Samba share on a Windows 7 machine, it seems to transfer fine.

However, whilst it's transfering, if I navigate to another folder shared from the same machine, it kills the transfer and I get 'error -8084'.

Console shows: 03/11/2013 18:42:59.000 kernel[0]: smb2_smb_read_write_fill: len got reduced, must be running low on credits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back