Contribute
Register

Ga-Z77-DS3H Mouse and keyboard not working in Mountain lion 10.8.0 - 10.8.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had the same issue randomly occurring after boot....maybe for a conflict between OS X and XHCI detection during boot ... after upgrading to 10.8.3 this strange behaviour has vanished...

I have this on 10.8.0 and 10.8.3 (installed the combo) I didn't had this problem on snow leopard, but my gt210 was not working at 10.6 so... I'm almost 99.9% sure it's a GPU problem. Because this does not happen when I use Intel HD2500!

Does this issue occur any time your machine boots?

I have this on 10.8.0 and 10.8.3 (installed the combo) I didn't had this problem on snow leopard, but my gt210 was not working at 10.6 so... I'm almost 99.9% sure it's a GPU problem. Because this does not happen when I use Intel HD2500!

When you are running HD2500, it should be running without hardware acceleration. OSX do not support HD2500.

I had the same issue randomly occurring after boot....maybe for a conflict between OS X and XHCI detection during boot ... after upgrading to 10.8.3 this strange behaviour has vanished...

I've got this problem on 10.8.3 as well. It works well from 10.8.0 to 10.8.1 but not 10.8.2 and 10.8.3

OK...in my case it didn't...in 10.8.0 as well and randomly (especially after a cold boot)...
Have you ever checked the log result (for example in Console utility) after your system has recovered?

Antway, in my opinion, apart from usb3, the clue could be also related to HDA enabler in conflict with your GPU after multibeast installation...do some research in the forum...this is turning to be a quite recurring issue...

OK...in my case it didn't...in 10.8.0 as well and randomly (especially after a cold boot)...
Have you ever checked the log result (for example in Console utility) after your system has recovered?

Antway, in my opinion, apart from usb3, the clue could be also related to HDA enabler in conflict with your GPU after multibeast installation...do some research in the forum...this is turning to be a quite recurring issue...

I think you are right, it is the HDA Enabler conflict with GPU. However, I cannot find any solution yet apart from switching to Voodoo audio or use the latest DSDT. However, my board do not have DSDT in the database as it is too old.

I don't think I have any HDA enabler installed.

Oh oops Yes I do.

So does that mean that this will not be solved by switching to another GPU?

Have you disabled xHCI? I had a an issue using my magic pad as my bluetoothe dongle was plugged into one of the front ports with xHCHI enabled, once I disabled xHCI (thereby making all USB ports usb2 including the usb3 ports) all was well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back