Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have been following the board for a while now and I am finally ready to start building...I'm gonna buy the parts one at a time (financial reasons) and first I'ma start with just getting mac osx from apple.com....

the main question is has anyone used the Gigabyte z68xp-ud3 board with success? I'm going to keep searching for it, just thought I'd ask also. Thank you.

I know i'm a newbie and i hope that I am sticking to forum etiquette. I'm using the other user builds as a guide for my mobo and graphics card but many of the boards that others are choosing. I need a good board with firewire on it and it seemed this board was one of the closes potentially compatible ones on newegg.com. Any feedback yet?

yeh that board will work.
theres also a dsdt for that board in the database.

you dont need a specific guide for that board, just use a guide for a similar board.

thank you. i'm on new egg right now finalizing my wish list for my first hackintosh build! Trying to keep it under $800 as best as i can :)

little tip- buy all the parts in one go rather than one at a time.

parts can arrive doa, and you wont know about it until your build is complete.
prices fluctuate, newer/cheaper parts might have come out etc.

that's a good point. crap! lol...would there be any parts that you would suggest that i could buy separately? I just hate that huge hit from one check ya know!
samisnake said:
little tip- buy all the parts in one go rather than one at a time.

parts can arrive doa, and you wont know about it until your build is complete.
prices fluctuate, newer/cheaper parts might have come out etc.

case, psu, dvd drive are the main ones you could get separately.

if you wanted to add something else to that little list, you could add ram.
ram, depending on manufacturer, has a lifetime warranty so if anything is wrong with it, it wont be a hassle to get it replaced.
its also dirt cheap atm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back