1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
GA-Z68XP-UD3 Bios F8,
16GB DDR3 1600
Intel I5-2500K (stock speed)
320GB Laptop HDD. Lion is just for play.

Cannot get it to install. Installed 10.6.7 to buy and download for Mac Store then install lion using Unibeast. That went off without a hitch. When I try to install Lion it gets to the Apple screen, looks like it locks up, but does not for about 5 minutes. USB stick activity stops, and am still stuck on same screen. I have reset the bios, changed to ACPI, HPET to 64Bit and nothing. Tried again this time leaving it on overnight. I had it working perfectly with a Radeon 6850 but sold the card since im not gaming anymore. If anyone has run into this and has a fix please help. Stuck on HDMI for Video as the board does not have any other type of connector. :?

Hmm maybe you have to set some flags before starting loading installer.

Did you set Sata mode to AHCI?

Re: GA-Z68XP-UD3 Onboard HDMI Video 4GB Mem. No go on lion inst

arisyo13 said:

Yep. Had to set that to install Snow leopard.

jpcopeland1 said:
arisyo13 said:

I have done all of that. I always set my Controller to ACPI. It is something else. I guess I need someone more in the know to get me where I need to go. I need OSX up and running ASAP. AHCI is common and standard setup on most boards these days, even my roommates new laptop out of the box was AHCI. It is not that. It is something else that is causing Lion to not install. Ever since the video card switch from Raeon 6870 to onboard HD3000 si when the problem started, I have done bios defaults, made sure sleep was default S3, AHCI was on, all other niceties USB3 off, SATA6GBPS off. FireWire off. No change other then video card, if I can ge that working then im golden. Until then i'll stick with WIndows 8. It will turn out to be the better OS in the future anyways,

maybe you can try to load optimized settings in bios... mine installed with success...

jpcopeland1 said:
jpcopeland1 said:
arisyo13 said:

I have done all of that. I always set my Controller to ACPI. It is something else. I guess I need someone more in the know to get me where I need to go. I need OSX up and running ASAP. AHCI is common and standard setup on most boards these days, even my roommates new laptop out of the box was AHCI. It is not that. It is something else that is causing Lion to not install. Ever since the video card switch from Raeon 6870 to onboard HD3000 si when the problem started, I have done bios defaults, made sure sleep was default S3, AHCI was on, all other niceties USB3 off, SATA6GBPS off. FireWire off. No change other then video card, if I can ge that working then im golden. Until then i'll stick with WIndows 8. It will turn out to be the better OS in the future anyways,

Did you set onboard video in BIOS and set Mac mini def with MB?

Windows 8 the better OS.......KEEP DREAMING BABY! :rolleyes:

ixus888 said:
maybe you can try to load optimized settings in bios... mine installed with success...

Did that. Still no go. I opted to run Ubuntu and it installed without a hitch. I dont understand why it worked perfectly with a discrete graphics card in the machine one day, then not work with onboard the next.

jpcopeland1 said:
ixus888 said:

Did that. Still no go. I opted to run Ubuntu and it installed without a hitch. I dont understand why it worked perfectly with a discrete graphics card in the machine one day, then not work with onboard the next.

Anyone with any useful info? :sick:

Having same issue. I built a rig with Gigabyte HD 6850, no issues. Attempted the EXACT same build (MB, SSD, RAM, etc) for a friend, but without the graphics card, and it gets stuck on the spinning wheel on the apple logo screen. Anyone have any suggestions, other than buying a graphics card?

Try GraphicsEnabler=NO @ boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back