Contribute
Register

GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3, i5 3570k, Mountain Lion - NO AUDIO!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you tried with the new Multibeast?

So Ive got my computer pretty much working as far as I can tell. HD 4000 running at full, system seems fast, no glitches or hangups, but for the life of me I cant get audio working!

Ive tried multiple combinations of options in multibeast 4.6.1 through what other have posted in threads but I get no sound, and when I look under "output" in my settings I only have
Soundflower (2ch)
Soundflower (16ch)

System Profiler shows "Intel High Definition Audio" under devices but I got nothin!

Any help? Tips on options to select in multibeast?

Either delete the soundflower app or open the soundflower app and setup the input/output within that app.

@rlf156 - Thanks for the suggestion, I had already tried this previously but it didnt work

@lucsd2 - Tried switching ports as well, nothin

@snowy0230 - I immediately graqbbed the new multibeast as soon as it came out, and tried again, nothin

@goingbald - I don't have a soundflower app, but I did delete the soundflower.kext, rebooted, ran multibeast for audio kexts, rebooted, and still nothing, except now soundflower doesn't show up in "output" :(

So, I went to my local Microcenter, picked up a Turtle Beach Micro 2 usb sound adapter, plugged it in, it showed up under devices, plugged in some speakers, and shazam, audio!!

The levels are pretty hot so I had to turn everything down, but it seems to be working good, no popping or fuzziness. Now my next thing is to get a good set of speakers to test and see if the audio quality is good. I'll post updates

Hello,

I have the same problem. My configuration: GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3, i5 3570k, Sapphire HD 6850, Mountain Lion

My Problems: No Audio and a also could not login in iCloud and App Store.

Hi!!! I have the same components...could you tell me wich config for multibeast you use???? does the firewire works??? wich video card you use??? thanks

Googling reveals that you have ALC889 audio codec.

First, go remove the Unified Injector: /System/Library/Extensions/ALC8xxHDA.kext

Now fire up Multibeast and install the following Patched AppleHDA.kext:

Drivers -> Kexts -> Audo -> Realtek -> Patched AppleHDA -> ALC889

and if you don't have a DSDT, also install

Drivers -> Kexts -> Audio -> Realtek -> Non-DSDT -> ALC889

I just updated to 10.8.3 with the apple update (non combo) 10.8.2 -> 10.8.3. Surprise surprise no audio as usual. The update went through fine I rebooted and did the following proceeding it instructions. And there you go audio was back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back