Contribute
Register

GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3, i5 3570k, Mountain Lion - NO AUDIO!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3
CPU
Intel Core i5 3570k
Graphics
NVIDIA GTX 650 Ti Boost
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So Ive got my computer pretty much working as far as I can tell. HD 4000 running at full, system seems fast, no glitches or hangups, but for the life of me I cant get audio working!

Ive tried multiple combinations of options in multibeast 4.6.1 through what other have posted in threads but I get no sound, and when I look under "output" in my settings I only have
Soundflower (2ch)
Soundflower (16ch)

System Profiler shows "Intel High Definition Audio" under devices but I got nothin!

Any help? Tips on options to select in multibeast?

I got my HDA audio working by using -->Unified Device Injector--->ALC8xxHDA for Legacy and -->AppleHDA Rollback.

-jayman30usa

@jayman30usa
Thanks for posting! I tried your combination...no dice :(

If I'm unable to get the integrated sound on my motherboard working, are sound cards a viable option? Anyone know of a soundcard that has a good record of compatibility with ML, hackintoshes in general, my specific motherboard?

Googling reveals that you have ALC889 audio codec.

First, go remove the Unified Injector: /System/Library/Extensions/ALC8xxHDA.kext

Now fire up Multibeast and install the following Patched AppleHDA.kext:

Drivers -> Kexts -> Audo -> Realtek -> Patched AppleHDA -> ALC889

and if you don't have a DSDT, also install

Drivers -> Kexts -> Audio -> Realtek -> Non-DSDT -> ALC889

First, go remove the Unified Injector: /System/Library/Extensions/ALC8xxHDA.kext

I too have the ALC889 and the above is how I did mine. This should work for you too as rlf156 says.

What the above poster said seemed to work fine to enable the audio. What I found however was when I moved to ML, the audio port itself switched locations. I actually had to physically move my headphones to another line out in the back of my motherboard because the same one I had used in Lion, no longer output anything.

I bet this is what you need to do.

What the above poster said seemed to work fine to enable the audio. What I found however was when I moved to ML, the audio port itself switched locations. I actually had to physically move my headphones to another line out in the back of my motherboard because the same one I had used in Lion, no longer output anything.

I bet this is what you need to do.

Interesting, this was not an issue for me. However the mobo is different just the codec is the same. I am using Win7 at the moment so not too sure about this but can't you configure your audio ports on OSX? I will check this out later. On the plus side... you got it working :thumbup:

Did this, still not working...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back