Contribute
Register

GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 Etron EJ168 USB 3.0 Working?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
hackintosh
CPU
Intel i2600K
Graphics
AMD 7850
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Alright, I know I'm a noob, but I've spent at least 40-50 hours on insanelymac / tonymacx86 trying to decide b/w an Asus P8Z67 (Pro/Deluxe) and a Gigabyte board.

Long story short, though compatible, I'm going to go with the GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 for the ease of install considering my lack of experience with hackintoshes.

However, one thing I cannot find (and believe me, I've tried Google site search), is anyone claiming success with USB 3.0 on the GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3.

I know plenty of people have it install fine, but all of them state that they don't have USB 3.0 devices to work with. USB 3.0 is important for me, so out of the box, using already existing guides for the GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 (iBoot, Multibeast, DSDT), will USB 3.0 work?

The GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 uses Etron EJ168 USB 3.0 xHCI controller, not the NEC/Renesas that has a working solution.

Thanks in advance.

jaspreets said:
Alright, I know I'm a noob, but I've spent at least 40-50 hours on insanelymac / tonymacx86 trying to decide b/w an Asus P8Z67 (Pro/Deluxe) and a Gigabyte board.

Long story short, though compatible, I'm going to go with the GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 for the ease of install considering my lack of experience with hackintoshes.

However, one thing I cannot find (and believe me, I've tried Google site search), is anyone claiming success with USB 3.0 on the GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3.

I know plenty of people have it install fine, but all of them state that they don't have USB 3.0 devices to work with. USB 3.0 is important for me, so out of the box, using already existing guides for the GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 (iBoot, Multibeast, DSDT), will USB 3.0 work?

The GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 uses Etron EJ168 USB 3.0 xHCI controller, not the NEC/Renesas that has a working solution.

Thanks in advance.

Choose a motherboard with Renesas, Thats the only "supported".

Is USB 3.0 make or break for u?

Can I just disable onboard USB 3.0 and use a NEC/Renesas PCIe 1x card?

I don't have any USB 3.0 devices to test with, but now I've installed the XHCI driver from Multibeast (claims to support NEC/Renesas/Etron/Others, even though they're using different revisions of the xHCI spec) the EJ168 on my Z68A-D3-B3 is showing up under 'USB Superspeed' in system profiler, and the USB 2.0 devices that are plugged into those ports work.

I used the Multibeast 'Universal' USB3 controller driver and as you can see it mounts the USB3 GoFlex 2T drive. I did download around 700 G of photos off it in record time. Don't have a tool that actually measure transfer speed, but so far, so good.

Attachments

• Screeny Shot Oct 1, 2011 11.22.33 AM.png
    Screeny Shot Oct 1, 2011 11.22.33 AM.png
    124.6 KB · Views: 1,101
I installed Snow leopard using this guide:
viewtopic.php?f=81&t=24565&start=0&hilit=guide+10.6.8+GA+z68x+ud3h

I am running SL for now and USB 3.0 worked with my "WD my Passport" (USB 3.0, compatible with 2.0) I transferred about 220 GB within "about an hour"

(I just followed the Guide, I didn't do anything special)

If ur interested in the problems I still have, read this:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=33996

Edit: I've heard that other people had problems(KP) with USB 3.0 using Lion OS, so they had to disable it...

yup, latest driver 1.08 doesn't work, KP.

Guys, Etron USB 3.0 is not fully supported yet.

And please, search the forum first because there are multiple topics posted about it.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back