Contribute
Register

GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3 New EFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I took the plunge and installed the UEFI U1E

Windows 8 works without re-install.

Sleep is back working, there has been a noticable performance increase, boot up times are down 10 seconds. Unfortunately no OOB graphics or power management. Im stuck with 16 34 threads.

I did have a graphics issue with HD4000 fix with "On-Chip Frame Buffer Size" is "64MB+2MB for GTT".

My GPU is now working again but not fully recognized yet.

Audio still pops at the start of stream as it always did on this system. No change there.

Hopefully I will find more information and continue to post

Hopefully I will find more information and continue to post

Well your situation is complicated. you are using a mixed configuration. OS X expects 6 series to be with hd3000. And your ATI issues are not likely board related. I suggest seeking help on those issues from forum topics related to those specific issues.

Are you using a DSDT? you need a new one for the UEFI Bios. the pop issue is well documented, affects almost all hacks and best solution is just to install antipop. Do you OC? you will need an SSDT for proper PM.

g\

Well your situation is complicated. you are using a mixed configuration. OS X expects 6 series to be with hd3000. And your ATI issues are not likely board related. I suggest seeking help on those issues from forum topics related to those specific issues.

Are you using a DSDT? you need a new one for the UEFI Bios. the pop issue is well documented, affects almost all hacks and best solution is just to install antipop. Do you OC? you will need an SSDT for proper PM.

g\

Good Suggestions. Getting right onto anti pop app. As far as the mixed configuration goes Tonymac has an easy fix which I apply to the Unibeast drive (Make life easier) with this fix I have been able to achieve full graphics support from the HD4000. So I don't think thats what causing my PM issues.

My GPU now gives full QE/CI Graphics Acceleration even if in not recognised. (AMD Radeon HD 6xxx 1024mb)

Why do I need a DSDT? Could you suggest some reading material?

I don't OverClock. I am reading about SSDT but the seem very complicated changing the smbios to mac pro 3,1 has given me a few extra p states [16 17 18 20 34] compared to iMac 13,2 [16 34].

I'm going to keep posting any fixes I find. Thanks in advance Genzai

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back