GTX 970
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey all,

So I have an 80% working Hacinstosh at this point. I'm able to get it to boot up without having to enter and extra Kernel Flags on top of the couple I added to my Chameleon.plist.

Here's where I'm lacking the other 20%, my GTX970 4gb works but it's super glitchy and just lag-tastic. I did install the drivers from Nvidia, I just know it's not being used to the fullest potential. I have "GraphicsEnabler Yes" and "IGPEnabler No" and the Kernel Flags "PCIRootID=1 and npci=0x2000". I only have 4gb of ram in it at the moment and am planning on putting 32gb in it.

Also as a side note my hack occasionally freezes and forces me to restart the machine, and other times it jumps to the user login screen.

Any help is appreciated, Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Try: npci=0x2000 kext-dev-mode=1 nvda_drv=1. I don't use Chimera but don't think you need GraphicsEnabler=Yes.

Hey all,

So I have an 80% working Hacinstosh at this point. I'm able to get it to boot up without having to enter and extra Kernel Flags on top of the couple I added to my Chameleon.plist.

Here's where I'm lacking the other 20%, my GTX970 4gb works but it's super glitchy and just lag-tastic. I did install the drivers from Nvidia, I just know it's not being used to the fullest potential. I have "GraphicsEnabler Yes" and "IGPEnabler No" and the Kernel Flags "PCIRootID=1 and npci=0x2000". I only have 4gb of ram in it at the moment and am planning on putting 32gb in it.

Also as a side note my hack occasionally freezes and forces me to restart the machine, and other times it jumps to the user login screen.

Any help is appreciated, Thanks!

Add the flag "nvda_drv=1" to your org.chameleon.boot.plist file.

And change the Chimera's graphics injection (GraphicsEnabler) to No

Last edited by a moderator:
Try: npci=0x2000 kext-dev-mode=1 nvda_drv=1. I don't use Chimera but don't think you need GraphicsEnabler=Yes.

Added in these flags and it hung at the log in screen, so I had to reboot into safe boot to pull those flags out.

Although I tried what Jithin said and it worked....once. Then I had to reboot and same thing happened, it got stuck at the log in screen.

Here's a copy of my org.chameleon.boot.plist file.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>"1920x1080x32"</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>HDAEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>HDEFLayoutID</key>
<string>01000000</string>
<key>IGPEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string> PCIRootUID=1 npci=0x2000 -f</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Thanks for the help!

Added in these flags and it hung at the log in screen, so I had to reboot into safe boot to pull those flags out.

Although I tried what Jithin said and it worked....once. Then I had to reboot and same thing happened, it got stuck at the log in screen.

Here's a copy of my org.chameleon.boot.plist file.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>"1920x1080x32"</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>HDAEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>HDEFLayoutID</key>
<string>01000000</string>
<key>IGPEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string> PCIRootUID=1 npci=0x2000 -f</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Thanks for the help!

Make changes as below,

<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>kext-dev-mode=1 nvda_drv=1</string>

<string>No</string>

Save the file. Reboot OS X and check.

Make changes as below,

<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>kext-dev-mode=1 nvda_drv=1</string>

<string>No</string>

Save the file. Reboot OS X and check.

Ok, so I tried that config and I've found out that the "kext-dev-mode=1" is causing it to hang on the log in screen, so as it stands I have "nvda_drv=1 PCIRootID=1 npci=0x3000" in my kernel flags and I'm able to boot into OS X without any issues. Although I still have the lag issues with the graphics, and System says that I only have 7mb of VRAM on the card (it's a 4gb card).

Screen Shot 2015-03-25 at 8.19.53 PM.png

Ok, so I tried that config and I've found out that the "kext-dev-mode=1" is causing it to hang on the log in screen, so as it stands I have "nvda_drv=1 PCIRootID=1 npci=0x3000" in my kernel flags and I'm able to boot into OS X without any issues. Although I still have the lag issues with the graphics, and System says that I only have 7mb of VRAM on the card (it's a 4gb card).

View attachment 131712

Install NVIDIA Web Driver for your OS X Version.

Install NVIDIA Web Driver for your OS X Version.

I did install the drivers according to this Post, I did however have to go into systemversion.plist and change the PruductBuildVersion to 14C109. I feel like I'm missing something that's crucial to my whole system but I just can't put my finger on it.

Thanks again for the help!

Edit:

I also just realized that I'm running the WebDriver 343.02.02f03 version. Is this the one for the Security Update 2015-003 1.0, and should I update my OS X then?

Thanks again!

I did install the drivers according to this Post, I did however have to go into systemversion.plist and change the PruductBuildVersion to 14C109. I feel like I'm missing something that's crucial to my whole system but I just can't put my finger on it.

Thanks again for the help!

Edit:

I also just realized that I'm running the WebDriver 343.02.02f03 version. Is this the one for the Security Update 2015-003 1.0, and should I update my OS X then?

Thanks again!

If you are installing the latest security update then download and install the linked driver : http://us.download.nvidia.com/Mac/Quadro_Certified/343.02.02f04/WebDriver-343.02.02f04.pkg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back