Contribute
Register

GA-X79-UP4--i74930K-GA-GTX770 4GB, skipping video and audio dropping

Status
Not open for further replies.
Copy that thanks. I may try my second bios to see if that might be the issue. Maybe there's something wrong with the first BIOS. Right now I'm trying a test install of Chameleon on a spare drive to see what happens. Don't have much hope for that though.

@ImmortalJman

I installed it ( 2.2 r2377) in addition to Chimera and, in my case, it seems to have fixed most of my issues. Moreover, in the forum I have read of some other 4930k user choosing it with a successful outcome. Indeed this is not the final solution but at this stage it could be helpful.

@ImmortalJman

I installed it ( 2.2 r2377) in addition to Chimera and, in my case, it seems to have fixed most of my issues. Moreover, in the forum I have read of some other 4930k user choosing it with a successful outcome. Indeed this is not the final solution but at this stage it could be helpful.

That's very interesting. I hadn't thought of it being a CPU issue. I'll run a Geekbench and see if it compares to what should be the score. What were your issues with the 4930K?

As far as installing Chameleon I tried on a spare drive doing 2.2 but I could only find the installer...which isn't the one I wanted. It installed fine but then I could never mount my EFI partition. But if I do it in the case that you're suggestion then I guess it wouldn't matter because it'll just write over the top of it anyways. I'll report back my findings.

@crismac2013

If you have a specific build thread I could reference for that or even your own steps that would be useful. I Installed that version using the installer, rebooted and then installed Chimera v2.2.1, rebooted and then ran through multibeast to install some of the other kext fixes. I still had the same results, video file freezes and plays, freezes and plays. However, I didn't stop after installing just the Chimera to see if I got different results. One issue is I can't boot into the OS with just Chameleon and adding my flags or Chimera. For some reason I need to have the menu version that comes up from the multibeast version that gets installed with the Theme menu. Not sure what that's about.

And I have tried different video files and audio and all have the same result. The hardest part about troubleshooting this is I'm not sure what's affecting it. There's nothing to point for sure at the GPU or CPU or such and such setting.

It may well be your GPU that's causing the problem. If you reach a dead end with other solutions, it maybe worth flashing your bios to the Windforce version.

@ImmortalJman I don't have a thread on my own. My issues were the most common ones: laggy sound and slow motions graphics plus wrong CPU detection (stock). What I did is just installing Chameleon after Chimera and Multibeast. Then I rebooted and I discovered I had working sound and graphics with correct CPU detection (3,4 Ghz). This is all I did or.
I don't know if your 4 Gb card can change anything.

@ImmortalJman I don't have a thread on my own. My issues were the most common ones: laggy sound and slow motions graphics plus wrong CPU detection (stock). What I did is just installing Chameleon after Chimera and Multibeast. Then I rebooted and I discovered I had working sound and graphics with correct CPU detection (3,4 Ghz). This is all I did or.
I don't know if your 4 Gb card can change anything.

@crismac2013 You'll never believe it, well.. I guess you would, but it worked!!!:mrgreen: I'm now fully up and operational. Thank you so much.

@kantian1 It might be worth your time trying this technique to see if you can get that 280X card working. I know that Chameleon has updated GFX id's built into it. Search for the same version of Chameleon in the previous posts. You want the installer. I would do it on a spare hard drive to test it out so you don't have to start all over. Install using Unibeast, then your normal Mulitbeast and after rebooting install Chameleon. It will still keep the Chimera boot screen and options. Short description I know but more to follow.

For the benefit of others I will post a full guide as soon as I can, going from ground zero with no mac access to getting Mavericks up and running.

Glad you have it working. Unfortunately, the XFX 280x issues are a little more problematic. There may be some good news on this soon though, a certain someone (who's name can't be mentioned on here for some reason?) has sent me a new GPU rom which looks very promising. I'll keep you updated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back