Contribute
Register

GA-X58A-UD7 ( F5 ) ML Booting Installer Gives Black Screen( 2sec ) -> White Flicker -> Reboots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte
CPU
I7
Graphics
HD5850
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,

I'm typing this from my 10.7.4 ( Lion ) Hackingtosh which works great on my Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD7 ( F5 bios ) with ATI HD5850 graphics card and Intel SSD.

Now I wish to do a fresh Mountain Lion installation on this system by following the following guide:
UniBeast: Install OS X Mountain Lion on Any Supported Intel-based PC

I believe I have all my BIOS settings correct, since Lion is working for a long time already on this system.
So here's the problem.. When I try to boot from USB to load the ML installer, My screen turns black for 2 sec ( not off ), then a brief white flicker appears and within the same second my system reboots. No error message whatsoever :(

So I started using the different suggested boot arguments like:
  • PCIRootUID=0
  • GraphicsEnabler=no
  • -v
  • -x
  • NPCI=0x2000

Even different combinations of the above don't seem to work.

Now the verbose boot doesn't show any error at all, it just reboots my system after a long list of loading messages.

Can someone please suggest some more ways to try to get to the installation screen of Mountain Lion?

Thanks in advance,
Daniel de Wit

I installed with no problem on my version 1.0 of the board with the F7 BIOS. You might try flashing the BIOS to the latest - F8, I think. There is a DSDT for F8 in the database.

almost same problem here.
I don't have the reboot but i have a white screen when the first screen of the installer going to appear.
I tried the tips for this case but nothing with success. Tried different ports from the graphic card with no success too.
my graphic card is Asus EAH6870 1GD5 and my motherboard Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3

any ideas will be great.
thanks a lot

Try: -x -v -f

that will do the trick. It worked for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back