Contribute
Register

GA-X58A-UD3R-2.0 - crashes on boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
madebyboris said:
Hackintoshron said:
Your board should definitely work! Mine has been working since last August/Sept. Make sure you have the drive you have chameleon/chimera installed set as the first drive in your drive list set in your BIOS.

Hey Hackintoshron,

I installed with the pre-defined DSDT so i didnt install Chameleon/chimera - unless thats part of the standard multibeast install?

i have pretty much everything working now except the other hardrives

when they are plugged in to the motherboard boot up just doesnt get past Verifying DMI Pool Data, and if i unplug them it just loads as per usual

any ideas?
:)

Cheers

You say you DID NOT install the bootloader? You really need to do that. What are you using for a bootloader then? Plugging in drives should not affect your booting unless one of them is set first in your BIOS, or unless you have a bad connection to one of them. You need to check the order of the drives in the BIOS. I have 5 hard drives, and a DVD drive connected! The bootloader should be on the first drive in your list in the BIOS, and in the BIOS set the machine to boot from Hard Disk first (as opposed to CD/DVD drive first). When you install anything from Multibeast, always check the system utilities box by the way. along with having the DSDT sitting on your desktop, the picture I've enclosed are the options you should use when installing Multibeast. They work every time I have tried it. (And I've done it alot!). Oh and one more thing to check...put your hard drive where you will have the bootloader and OS X installed in the first SATA position on your motherboard.

Attachments

• Multibeast options Customac.png
    Multibeast options Customac.png
    187.1 KB · Views: 135
I'm glad you got it mostly working. If you choose the DSDT from the database and selected UserDST the bootloader is installed. You do not have to select the bootloader as it would be redundant and IMO may cause issues. In BIOS you have to change the Hard Disk boot priority and make the disk with the Snow Leopard Install 1st Priority as that will contain the bootloader partition.

Hackintoshron said:
-v to go into verbose mode and see if you can pinpoint where it is actually stopping and what kext may be causing it to crash on boot!

Hey Hackintoshron,

What exactly is Verbose mode - the system has been crashing from boot almost every second time i start it up - and this arvo it just wasnt starting - and then i tried the -v and it worked..
does it change the way the system boots?

also, i saw that it was an error with the ATI card (i'm running a HD 6870) - it said something like "last 3 shutdowns something - error - radeon kext" - it was pretty quick so i didnt have time to note everything (unless there is a pause for next time :) )

if i wanted to re-do the ATI drivers can i just go delete them out of the extensions folders - and then run multibeast again to load them with the system utlities checked?

Cheers

Hackintoshron said:
the picture I've enclosed are the options you should use when installing Multibeast. They work every time I have tried it.

I ran multibeast with the exact options you specified and i still get crashes from the boot if i just let it boot itself. If i do the "-v" mode then its fine (well so far)

maybe its a problem with the 64-bit screen?

i do know that each time i load it using -V i can read the false startup causes and each time its a little different - the last time was "Realtek ALC8xx"

Also, with the Hardrives and this motherboard i have the boot drive in (i think) HD port 0, should it be 1 and nothing in 0?

Thanks heaps again for helping (and all the other guys too) :)

madebyboris said:
Hackintoshron said:
the picture I've enclosed are the options you should use when installing Multibeast. They work every time I have tried it.

I ran multibeast with the exact options you specified and i still get crashes from the boot if i just let it boot itself. If i do the "-v" mode then its fine (well so far)

i do know that each time i load it using -V i can read the false startup causes and each time its a little different - the last time was "Realtek ALC8xx"

Also, with the Hardrives and this motherboard i have the boot drive in (i think) HD port 0, should it be 1 and nothing in 0?

If you updated to 10.6.8 and are using a HD6xxx gfx card with the native drivers, make sure you are using Graphics Enabler = No in your com.apple.boot.plist in /E

madebyboris said:
Hackintoshron said:

So you got it to work in verbose mode? Good! That means your setup is essentially correct. I've had some of the same problems with a recent install. I've seen it crash on the Realtek ALC8xx driver as well. Going Bald is correct, your com.apple.boot should have the graphics set to NO for your card as I understand it since OS X 10.6.8 has native support now. I would download the 10.6.8 combo update from Apple and run it again. It will then break your audio and networking again. That's fine. Get the machine to boot like that without verbose and then you know the other two things (audio and networking) you can add with multibeast afterward. But you want to get it stable with the 10.6.8 update first before you add those two. Then when it is, add only one of them at a time to detect the culprit. And yes, HD prot 0 is the first port on the motherboard. That's what you want the drive with Chamileon/Chimera on and booting first in the list in your BIOS. The other drives should be fine in the system unelss there is a cable problem. Let me know what happens.

madebyboris said:
f you updated to 10.6.8 and are using a HD6xxx gfx card with the native drivers, make sure you are using Graphics Enabler = No in your com.apple.boot.plist in /E

Hackintoshron said:
I would download the 10.6.8 combo update from Apple and run it again. It will then break your audio and networking again. That's fine.

Hey Guys,

Set the graphics enabler to =no as Going Bald suggested

and then re-installed 10.6.8

the first boot after restart went perfectly fine
didn't change anything - just clicked re-start for the machine and it did the usual crash on Mac boot screen, same the second time after the this.
i took some photos and have recreated it best i can (if it helps you at all)
crashui.jpg

it seems to mention HDAenabler a fair bit

It still boots in Verbose mode - and the cause from shutdown lines mentions:

HDAenabler
Realtek something
and then it said "EFI ROM Error" and something about publishing
it hasn't said this before (it was a little too quick to catch all of it)

once the system loads - everything seems fine but i don't have audio anymore.

Thanks again

madebyboris said:
madebyboris said:
f you updated to 10.6.8 and are using a HD6xxx gfx card with the native drivers, make sure you are using Graphics Enabler = No in your com.apple.boot.plist in /E

Hackintoshron said:
I would download the 10.6.8 combo update from Apple and run it again. It will then break your audio and networking again. That's fine.

Hey Guys,

Set the graphics enabler to =no as Going Bald suggested

and then re-installed 10.6.8

the first boot after restart went perfectly fine
didn't change anything - just clicked re-start for the machine and it did the usual crash on Mac boot screen, same the second time after the this.
i took some photos and have recreated it best i can (if it helps you at all)
crashui.jpg

it seems to mention HDAenabler a fair bit

It still boots in Verbose mode - and the cause from shutdown lines mentions:

HDAenabler
Realtek something
and then it said "EFI ROM Error" and something about publishing
it hasn't said this before (it was a little too quick to catch all of it)

once the system loads - everything seems fine but i don't have audio anymore.

Thanks again

AppleHDA 10.6.8 for ALC889 from kexts.com will fix that for you. What do you com.apple.boot.plist and smbios.plist look like? And what's in your extras folder? Might help narrow down the problem

Hackintoshron said:
AppleHDA 10.6.8 for ALC889 from kexts.com will fix that for you. What do you com.apple.boot.plist and smbios.plist look like? And what's in your extras folder? Might help narrow down the problem

Hey Hackintoshron

heres some screenshots

screenshot20110705at105.png

help? :)

Cheers

madebyboris said:
AppleHDA 10.6.8 for ALC889 from kexts.com will fix that for you.

Would you have a direct link to this?. couldnt find it using the search :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back