Contribute
Register

GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 + i7 2600K some minor tweeking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, 1st i want you to know that i upgrade it to 10.6.8 in 2min and this steps i did.

I just copied SSD (partition where Mac is installed) to other hadrdive disk.
Then when i finished i restarted disc and just tryd to to install 10.6.8 combo update but i got KP, and then i culd not boot in that drive, and then i repeated 1st step agan (coping working 10.6.7 mac os x from my SSD to HDD) and repeat this proces but this time when i booted on 2nd hard drive (clone of my SSD) i didnt installed combo update on drive im booting i installed it on my SSD from my HDD. After that using iBoot (since i was not surre if bootloader was ok so i used iBoot) to get back in my SSD where is installed update 10.6.8 and then reinstall kexts (drivers) i used this settings:

mbSelect.jpg

I had to select IOUSBFamily Rollback becouse for some reason after booting in 10.6.8 partition i was not able to use any USB and with that my mouse and keyboard was useless and this fixed and get my usb's to work

And now all work fine, no KP, autosleep and forced sleep work, Time Machine works,sound works, all usb's (3.0 to).
Bit i still have little problem, some time when i get my hackintosh from sleep, sometimes my usb flash drive is ejected, and some times its not... while my iPhone and iPod nano works just fine.

Also, i did second install (frash one) for my friend hackintosh (all the same like mine conf only he had SSD Vertex3 120gb (sata3) and i7 2500k)
And this is how i installed mac os x 10.6.8 in 30min without problem.

1.Get iBoot, and burn it on CD
2. Mac OS X 10.6.3 Install DVD
3. Combo update 10.6.8 (~1gb) and MultiBeast last version (3.7.3 in this moment), then get your DSDT for your motherboard and rename it as DSDT.aml then all of them copy it to USB stick.
4. In bios set AHCI and set HPET to 64-bit
5. Make 1st boot device your SSD (disable all other, 2nd and 3th etc)
6. Do not OC cpu or memory (you can do that later)
7. Save bios settings and reboot
8. Press F12 and sellect boot from CD/DVD (i guess before this you have iBoot cd in dvd drive)
9. When you are in iBoot cd GUI, eject iBoot cd and insert MacOS X dvd, and wait 5-10sec then press F5 and boot from install dvd
10. Format your drive selecting Disk Utility and go to Partition and make partitions ( i recomend one partition if you are using SSD's) and format it like Mac OS X Extended (Journaled)
11. When you finish formating go and select that drive to install mac os x on it and click custumize and diselect all ( faster install ) i just selected aditional fonts
12. When you finish with install, mac os x will restart in 30sec, after that again press F12 on keyboard while booting and again select CD/DVD as boot device with iBoot cd in it.
13. Boot in SSD (where you installed Mac OS X)
14. Make surre all is fine for now.
15. Turn off you hackintosh off and plugin 2nd harddrive (need to have empty partition 20-30GB free)
16. Turn on hackintosh and again with iBoot CD boot in mac os x drive and open Disk Utility go to First Aid, while there and on your SSD drive (where is mac os x installed) click on Repair Disk Permissions just in case, after that format your 2nd drive partition with Mac OS X Extended (Journaled) and after that click verify disk just in case there is no any errors on drive where you will clone (copy) curent mac os x.
17. Now click on your SSD (partition where is mac installed) and go to RESTORE tab.
18. Now drag n' drop your mac os x partition in SOURCE Field, and in Destination drag n' drop your empty partition where you will clone mac os x. and click restore, make surre that "Erase destination" is selected.
19. This step is optional, when restoring (cloning) finish you can go to CP and in Account settings turn on Guest Account, this will only help in next steps so user can be surre when he is on SSD or HDD clone mac where there wont be guesst account enabled.
20. Now again restart hackintosh, and again boot from iBoot CD but this time boot in hdd not SSD, you can make surre that you are not on SSD boucse of speed xD it to obvies.
21. Now Copy Combo update 10.6.8.dmg to your Desktop, and run it, but change install destination to SSD drive, duble check that... after that install will take 2-5min and this time since it's installing on 2nd drive you wont have any KP or error... When all is done reboot pc again.
22. Now again using iBoot Cd boot to SSD now, where mac shuld boot as 10.6.8 , make surre it is looking at About this mac
23. Now copy MultiBeast.pkg and DSDT.aml to desktop and run installation, make surre you select this settings

mbSelect.jpg

24. After install is done, you need to restart hackintosh, but this time if all went OK you wont need iBoot to boot mac os x.

NOTE:
There is little note, in step 22, when you install update from cloned drive to drive in this case SSD where mac os x will be all the time, you can install MultiBeast in thia way to, but i dont recomend it, i was forced to do it, since when first time after updateing SSD mac from 2nd one, i was not able to do anything in 10.6.8 since non of mine USB's didnt work, so i had to boot it again to 2nd drive, and install MultiBeast from it to SSD.
But just in case, after i get again to SSD and mine usb worked i reinstalled MB with the same settings i did before, and now all work 100%.

I hope this will help some one, and i think installing update from 10.6.7 to 10.6.8 or frash install then update this way is must, since there is no KP at all, at least for me there is no.

Hi sover,
I can't open the thread you mentioned at the first post. Could you please check the link?

I will take a look in everything you posted, we have almost exactly the same setup.

I have one more question whats is speedstepping ?
Whats that good for ... and also how can i check if i have that working on my mb? :S

Anyone else get the problem that you can't select the second install to apply the combo update, saying "The volume does not meet the requirements for this update"

sotokage said:
Anyone else get the problem that you can't select the second install to apply the combo update, saying "The volume does not meet the requirements for this update"

I have this same problem... :banghead: I've tried creating two partitions on the same hard drive, installing 10.6 retail to FIRST partition and then restoring FIRST partition to SECOND partition. After I've done that, I boot from SECOND partition (using iBoot) and try to install the 10.6.8 combo update to the FIRST partition by "Change Install Locations..." when I select FIRST partition it says "Mac OS X Update Combined can't be installed on this disk. This volume does not meet the requirements for this update"

So I decided to try this process again but using a 16gig USB flash drive for the copy of the install on the first hard drive but it does the same thing when I am booted to the USB drive trying to install the combo update to the hard drive where I have my original 10.6 install.

Do I have to have two physical hard drives to do this effectively or is there something I'm missing...?

Thanks in advance for the help!

I just got my ssd so now I'm going to try with two sata drives and see how it goes. I'll report back when I'm done.

UPDATE:
Didn't work... same problem... what am I doing wrong?

Update 2:
I gave up on this method. Used the 10.6.8 helper method in stead and I'm up and running 100%.

t0406peru, i have the exact same problem as you, could you please leave the details of how you succeeded. would be much appreciated. thanks

Hi Guys,

I have a very similar setup (w/ a 9600gt and mine is p69a-d3-b3). Im on 10.6.8, did not upgraded to lion. However I'd like to use the app store.

It says that my computer could not be verified. I'm using the profile on multibeast of the imac 12,1 (the only way I can get my system running). There is any special configuration to do in order to have the apple app store?

@sover : are u using a dsdt for your ga-p67a-ud3p-b3 rev 1.1 MB if so can you send it to me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back