Contribute
Register

GA-P67-UD4 B3 (Help!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have tried a number of way with multi beast and downloaded kexts and drivers nothing will let me install drivers for my ethernet and sound. Sound works but is so bad I have to turn it off. Here is a screen shoot of my boot up if anyone can shed some light it would be great. :banghead: Do I need a DSDT for the board ? the board runs fine in Windows 7 and this is a replacement B3 due to a RAM slot fault. So many people is UD3 with no problems the only difference is this have a dual graphic slot ? Please someone help :crazy:

I have tried
Intel 2500k Sandy Bridge
Gigabyte GA-P67-UD4 B3
8Gb Corsair Vengeance (4Gb for install as normal)
XFX HD 5850 Black Edition

(Using Geforce 8800GTS for install, Tried install with 5850 fan boots at 100% and back screen)

1) Download and Burn ISO image of iBoot Legacy onto CD.
2) Download and copy to USB stick latest versions of MultiBeast, BridgeHelper and 10.6.6 combo update.
3) Install New Parts Intel 2500k, GA-P67-UD4 B3, 4Gb Corsair Slot 1 on board (Install Only 8Gb Post Install)
4) Hard drive blacked using Macbook Pro snow leopard (Mac OS X Extended- journaled)
5) Hard drive install into Hackintosh, SATA 1 Port Used
6) Gigabyte website Bios download not available yet (I guess coming soon)
7) Run @BIOS to flash new Bios from file on desktop (Windows Drive Used, When Downloaded)
8) Enter Bios change made for SATA AHCI and HPET set to 64-bit Boot Set to CD/DVD Drive
9) Power On, IBoot Legacy CD inserted
10) IBoot Legacy screen, Replace CD for Snow Leopard Retail DVD 10.6.3 (Rescan F5)
11) Follow Install (Custom install removed all extras)
12) Finished with install, insert iBoot Legacy disc. reboot.
13) Select Snow Leopard HDD partition in boot loader, watch bling video.
14) insert USB stick with MultiBeast (MB), BridgeHelper (BH) and 10.6.6 ComboUpdate (CU) and copy each to desktop. (Inserting USB can generate Kernel Fail sometimes have to restarted process)
15) Open all three to just prior to the 'Installation' step of their respective installs... three open installers (MB, BH and CU) prompt for password with next click of 'continue' on each.
16) install combo update, but DO NOT REBOOT when done, leave open
17) install bridgehelper.
18) install multibeast with easybeast selection and system utilities.
19) Close Multi beast, Bridge Helper
20) Selected restart in 10.6.6 Combo Update installer (not the apple menu restart)
21) enter BIOS and reset boot priority to:1-HDD, 2-your optical drive. save/exit.

This is when problems started it will not boot from HD, Brings up apple screen and freezes disk stops spinning. If boot from CD into OSX it works

25) once up, run multibeast again, select nvenabler and system utilities. reboot.
26) Once up, run multibeast again, select Lnx2Mac Ethernet. reboot.
27) Once up, run multibeast again, select RealTek ALC8xx with HDA Rollback and 899 enabler. reboot.
(Note Lnx2Mac Ethernet and RealTek ALC8xx have been tried with system utilities not difference. The RealTek ALC8xx and RealtekRTL81xx kexts show in the system/library/extensions folder also /extra folder so looked install ?)

<key>Kernal</key>
<string>mach_kernal</string>
<key>Kernal Flags</key>
<string>-force64 arch=i386 busratio=29</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>5</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>

-Download the Realtek Driver for Ethernet using the following steps (or jump directly to the download page:
1) Go to: http://218.210.127.131/downloads/
2) Choose "Communications Network ICs" on the left
3) Choose "Network Interface Controllers:
4) Choose "10/100/1000M Gigabit Ethernet"
5) Choose "PCI Express"
6) Choose "Software"
7) Under the "Others" Heading, find "MacOS 10.6 on Intel-based Mac computer" and chose a site to download from
Thanks goes out to Zeeko for this

IMG_0961.jpg

seems like you might've messed up your system by installing a whole crapload of drivers that aren't necessary.

also, are you sure you have it spelled 'kernal' in your boot.plist? it should be kernel. last, ensure that your board is either at a 29x or 32x multiplier.

i'm attaching my DSDT for the UD4-B3, which may work for you.

Right now the current method to get OSX on these new Sandy boards is a pain in the ass unless you have prior experience with making Hackintoshes and easy access/ownership of a 2011 MBP and an external drive to sync files. I had a working system in under an hour, but that's mainly because I had the specific Sandy Bridge 10.6.7 installed on my MBP to clone over to the hack.

Attachments

• dsdt.aml
    15.5 KB · Views: 151
scorcho said:
seems like you might've messed up your system by installing a whole crapload of drivers that aren't necessary.

also, are you sure you have it spelled 'kernal' in your boot.plist? it should be kernel. last, ensure that your board is either at a 29x or 32x multiplier.

Right now the current method to get OSX on these new Sandy boards is a pain in the ass unless you have prior experience with making Hackintoshes and easy access/ownership of a 2011 MBP and an external drive to sync files. I had a working system in under an hour, but that's mainly because I had the specific Sandy Bridge 10.6.7 installed on my MBP to clone over to the hack.

Does that DSDT have any fixes?

Yoga said:
scorcho said:

Does that DSDT have any fixes?
I ran it through DSDT Auto Patcher, so I assume only the barest of fixes. Shutdown and reboot works, all PCI and PCI-E slots function, as well as USB and e-Sata (though not hot-pluggable). When I have more time I'll take a look at what changes were made and where the utility shaved off 4KB.

Edit: these are the changes made to the DSDT -

PATCH GA P67A-UD4
by MaLd0n

DTGP
HDEF
HID/CID
HPET
RTC
IRQs
RENAMED DEVICES
SMBUS
SHUTDOWN
REMOVED DEVICES
LPC
FIX WARNINGS

I have tried the DSDT file and it solved my ATI graphics card 5850 issue and also started to run with 8gb of ram. It did not solve the ethernet and sound. I have looked at the spelling of kernel and yes it was just a typo from me in the post. I will be trying a full reinstall later tonight or tomorrow will keep you posted. thank you so much for getting my ATI to work no more hot swop of my 8800gts haha

Hi Stylus,

Your screenshot indicates the LNX2Mac version of the Ethernet driver is still installed. I was not able to get that to work with the B3 version of my board(though it worked great with the original UD4, thanks LNX2Mac)

If you do a fresh install I suggest not installing LNX2Mac's driver, it may be conflicting.

Agreed - Just download and install the Realtek driver to install once you have the system up and running. I wish I could help you with the sound, but I'm using an external USB-DAC to drive audio to my speakers and headset.

You're almost there!

I have just fond the strangest thing, When I did a fresh install and I have a real version of the SL disk from Apple after the install and boot in -v It shows me the [:init] RealtekRT81xxx.kext vo.o.67 c(2010) by Lnx2Mac ([email protected]) even though I have not even got the multi beast install part yet like it has preinstall the kext. But how ? :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back