Contribute
Register

GA-P55A-UD4P - Sleep issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
winstonace said:
I extracted original dsdt (using EVEREST)
and modified all the needed parts (RTC,TMR,PIC,USB,SMBUS,HDEF,LAN,WAK,DTGP)
also removed some unnecessary parts (JMICRON controllers, PS2 keyboard and mouse and few others)

I'm looking at yours and checking all the differences with mine (though I have the UD2) but really have very little knowledge about this.

Would you happen to have any links on any documentation of these so can I look into it ?

Mine sleeps fine but on wake there is a huge GFX bug dump in console , screen is garbled and no response. It is related to my ATI probably. I've tried lots of methods to fix it but nothing seems to work.

Winston, is there anyway you can send me/post this DSDT with your 9800 GT in it? It would make it SO much easier to edit it for my two 260's if you could. :)

Hi Guys,

I decided to try out the DSDT to get sound to work so replaced my previous DSDT with this new version but get the following errors:-

I ensured the AppleHDA file was in the correct folder, then dragged both folders through the KEXT UTILITY, then repaired permissions on the Snow Leopard in Disk Utility.

Restarted PC and get the following error as shown in the screen shot.

Also as noted in my signature I am running a ATI Gigabyte 1GB video card. Will this cause the DSDT to crash out too?

Thanks.

Attachments

• Error.JPG
    Error.JPG
    180.1 KB · Views: 224
You must use the latest bios for the board - version F7C
the sound doesn't work with older bios versions

Sorry, forgot to add that I have also updated to the new bios F7C before I added the new DSDT.
And this was the result.

Is there maybe any files that needed modifying or deleting when this new DSDT is used?

Cheers.

Tman7Deuce said:
Sorry, forgot to add that I have also updated to the new bios F7C before I added the new DSDT.
And this was the result.

Is there maybe any files that needed modifying or deleting when this new DSDT is used?

Cheers.
no
you just need the dsdt and the attached legacyhda in your extra/extension folder

Attachments

• LegacyHDA.kext.zip
    16.2 KB · Views: 143
Hi winstonace,

Thanks for the response.
I have copied this file into the correct directory and still the error occurs at the same point....something else must be incorrect.

To Summarize my install:-

Used the tonymacx86 instructions "Install OS X Snow Leopard Directly from Retail DVD Using Chameleon Boot CD for P55 Motherboards"
Copied over the boot, DSDT.aml (from the database a while back) and also Extra folder.
Updated to 10.6.2 and repaired permissions etc as per instructions.

System at this point was working great, but without sound and no HDMI output as expected - using VGA connection to LCD TV.

Now I have updated the Bios to F7c, replaced the DSDT with your file, and also tonight copied your linked file "LegacyHDA.kext.zip" into the extra/extensions folder (Obviously unzipped it).
Again dragged the 2 folders into the Kext Utility and then repaired permissions on "Snow Leopard" drive and restarted system (confirming the Bios settings were all still correct.)

Error still occurs as described.

Now I have the following questions:-

1. Do I need to modify any files from the original install? From memory I have the following in the extensions folder:-
EvOreboot.kext
fakesmc.kext
IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext
JMicronATA.kext
LegacyHDA_ALC888B.kext
NullCPUPowerManagement.kext
PlatformUUID.kext
LegacyHDA.kext (Downloaded from you)

2. Do I need to do anything with the original "AppleHDA.kext" that I dragged into the Kext Helper b7 utility?
Did I need to drag your downloaded file "LegacyHDA.kext" into this utility or just dragging the file into the folder ok?

3. Do I need to modify any of the following files?
com.apple.boot.plist
smbios.plist
apple.com.boot
etc

4. Has your DSDT worked on another system that has a 4670 video card? I have looked through your DSDT and seen the config for the 9800. Maybe I need to remove this config from your DSDT aswell?

5. Did your install use the boot file from Chameleon 3 or 4? I am still using 3.

My current "fix" is to again boot in as if re-installing the operating system, insert the SL disk and open Terminal at start of install screen. From here I rename the files so the original DSDT that works is called DSDT.aml again. Reboot the system and it comes back to the normal (with no sound or HDMI output)

Thanks again for your assistance. Much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back