Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I cant get the sound to work on my GA-P55A-UD3 rev.1 to work. I try all the drivers from multibeast 2.3.0. not working... some drivers i can see the sound bar but still no sound. anyone can help me?

st0207 said:
I cant get the sound to work on my GA-P55A-UD3 rev.1 to work. I try all the drivers from multibeast 2.3.0. not working... some drivers i can see the sound bar but still no sound. anyone can help me?
What output and alert devices did you select in System Preferences -> Sound?

st0207 said:
as i remember is "Digital out"
With Digital Out there is no volume control. Only with analog devices.

i don't get it.. which drivers i need? and how to setup the sound?

There is 2 ways, you can use Multibeast and enable the 10.6.2 sound legacy. Or you can use the attached hda file. It is still a bit poppy, but it works.

Attachments

• AppleHDA.kext.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 104
I have always used the simple analog output and it has worked fine but I realized that I have been cutting myself short since I have an available digital out on my mobo and have a digital in on my 5.1 receiver.

Is it just OSX in general that doesn't allow volume change in digital or is it the modified kext?

Is it possible to obtain volume control with the digital out?

Of course it won't kill me if I can't get it but it would be terribly convenient.

B-rad said:
I have always used the simple analog output and it has worked fine but I realized that I have been cutting myself short since I have an available digital out on my mobo and have a digital in on my 5.1 receiver.

Is it just OSX in general that doesn't allow volume change in digital or is it the modified kext?

Is it possible to obtain volume control with the digital out?

Of course it won't kill me if I can't get it but it would be terribly convenient.
OS X does not allow you to change the volume on digital out as there is no such thing as volume in a digital signal.

Oh that makes sense. Interesting.

Ugh. I just need my Creative X-Fi Elite Pro PCI card to work...so far only PCIe cards work...though Creative has a linux driver which I imagine wouldn't be terribly difficult to port over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back