Contribute
Register

GA-P55-USB3 F6- Network Stopped

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: GA-P55-USB3 F6- Network Stoped after multibeast

blazeburns said:
Out of curiosity, if the sleep problem is related to the network kext, could I fix the whole problem by putting in a network card? Not as elegant as fixing the actual issue, but it seems like it might work. If I tried that, would I need to remove kexts that are already installed?
A ethernet card will fix the problem. As for the installed kexts, it would be a good idea to remove them.

MacMan said:
blazeburns said:
I have the same problem (sleep not working properly) with my GA-P55-USB3 rev 2 motherboard. When it goes to sleep, it actually requires an entire reboot to come out of it.

Other anomalies:
-Internal drives show as external drives
-system seems to freeze on reboot about every other time.

Other users have reported these issues as well and I was wondering if anyone has figured out fixes. I think the freezing on reboot may actually be the USB locking up. This is based on someone else's thought, but it it makes sense since it seems as though the system is functioning but won't respond to keyboard or mouse commands.

Any thoughts?
Are you using the official Realtek ethernet driver? If so, that driver does prevent wake from sleep. We are working on a solution.

Hi. Has this problem been fixed? I'm using a Gigabyte H55M-UD2H and installed 10.6.4 with MulitBeast 2.4, and I'm experiencing the same problem of freeze on every other boot. I installed the Realtek driver through MultiBeast.

If I were to remove it, how do I do it? Just manually delete the IONetworkingFamily.kext or the realtek kext within that IONetworkingFamily.kext?

Any help would be appreciated, thanx.

viewfinder said:
MacMan said:
blazeburns said:
I have the same problem (sleep not working properly) with my GA-P55-USB3 rev 2 motherboard. When it goes to sleep, it actually requires an entire reboot to come out of it.

Other anomalies:
-Internal drives show as external drives
-system seems to freeze on reboot about every other time.

Other users have reported these issues as well and I was wondering if anyone has figured out fixes. I think the freezing on reboot may actually be the USB locking up. This is based on someone else's thought, but it it makes sense since it seems as though the system is functioning but won't respond to keyboard or mouse commands.

Any thoughts?
Are you using the official Realtek ethernet driver? If so, that driver does prevent wake from sleep. We are working on a solution.

Hi. Has this problem been fixed? I'm using a Gigabyte H55M-UD2H and installed 10.6.4 with MulitBeast 2.4, and I'm experiencing the same problem of freeze on every other boot. I installed the Realtek driver through MultiBeast.

If I were to remove it, how do I do it? Just manually delete the IONetworkingFamily.kext or the realtek kext within that IONetworkingFamily.kext?

Any help would be appreciated, thanx.
Use the Lnx2Mac beta driver installer. It will remove the official driver and install his.

MacMan said:
Use the Lnx2Mac beta driver installer. It will remove the official driver and install his.
Actually it doesn't remove the Official... Only non-official ones (Psystar, Chucko) are removed.
However, after installation, mine takes precedence over the Realtek Official one.

MacMan said:

Thank you! That works. The first restart after the install still hangs, but the subsequent ones so far has been working well.

Re: GA-P55-USB3 F6- Network Stopped after multibeast

Seems as though this continues to be a problem since I am experiencing similar issues:

What I did:
1) reverted to BIOS 2.0 F8 so I could use an available DSDT from the database (thx!)
2) Ran Multibeast:
- selected the Realtec LAN option; User DSDT; NVidia Enabler, Realtec Codec option, system utilities

Observations:
1) network is not instantiated for a bit (when I use firefox I receive an ethernet offline message). Shortly (say in a couple of seconds), the LAN port light flickers and I see an IP in the network status and I am then able to use firefox for browsing.

2) system simply behaves like a shutdown in that the system does a reboot when I attempt to wake the machine up by pressing any key on the keypad.

3) Any restart (such is the case from sleep restart, or normal OSX shutdown/restart) causes the startup process to be prolonged (spinner under apple spins very slowly and hesitates quite a bit). The startup eventually completes, but my USB keyboard and mouse are unusable (unresponsive). Only resolution is to do a hard power down (press power off) and then restart.

Any thoughts?

Re: GA-P55-USB3 F6- Network Stopped after multibeast

Update:

Installed an external PCI card (Dynex 1GB NIC from BestBuy) which OSX 10.6.6 has native support for via OSX supplied AppleRTL8169Ethernet.kext.

This solved this issue 100%!!!

Also, wake from sleep now works perfectly after I enabled the "Startup automatically after a power failure" option in System Preferences->Energy Saver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back