Contribute
Register

GA-H87N-WIFI Mavericks 10.9 Bluetooth issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
I asked for one experiment and got three, two failed. The first and second IORegs show working BT as expected. Was the third IOReg simply a restart off the working configuration?

Repeat the experiment but set xHCI to enabled rather than smart auto.

Just trying to be thorough :) Yes the third IOReg was simply a restart off the working configuration.

Attached are the IOReg files of the repeated experiment. Note that this time I did set xHCI to enabled after pairing. Upon reboot, bluetooth didn't work.

Attachments

• xhci_disabled.ioreg
    1.7 MB · Views: 157
  • xhci_enabled.ioreg
    1.6 MB · Views: 137
No other ideas.

We'll that's too bad. I'm very grateful for the help you did provide.

Any recommendations on usb bluetooth devices (as well as wifi cards)?

GA-H87N-WIFI Mavericks 10.9.1 Bluetooth issues

I do have this issue after installing the Thunderbolt 1.2 upgrade last night. I lost my connection with the Magic mouse and all other bluetooth devices. The system will find them all, but not connect or repair with them. Multibeast Maverics 6.0.1 will fail too now. :banghead:

After installing the 10.9.1 upgrade the HWMonitor
won't show the CPU core temperatures anymore.

I do have this issue after installing the Thunderbolt 1.2 upgrade last night. I lost my connection with the Magic mouse and all other bluetooth devices. The system will find them all, but not connect or repair with them. Multibeast Maverics 6.0.1 will fail too now. :banghead:

After installing the 10.9.1 upgrade the HWMonitor
won't show the CPU core temperatures anymore.

Did you try unpairing and then repairing? Or maybe deleting /Library/Preferences/com.apple.Bluetooth.plist

Antenna is connected, right?

I see the exact same error messages when bluetooth doesn't work. Occasionally it does work, whether after coming out of sleep, rebooting, or just waiting a while. I built the Customac Mini, H87N-WIFI, running Multibeast 6.1 now, and BIOS xHCI is enabled. I had the same behavior with Multibeast 6.01. Interestingly, before I installed Multibeast, the on-board bluetooth worked and automatically connected to my apple trackpad and apple keyboard (I did an OS X re-install because I thought I corrupted the OS with some software I installed, and the bluetooth profiles were still available, so that's how I saw this).

Rebooted just now and it isn't working. Got the error message from dmesg too.

**** [IOBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport][start] -- completed -- result = TRUE -- 0x7800 ****
[IOBluetoothHCIController][staticBluetoothHCIControllerTransportShowsUp] -- Received Bluetooth Controller register service notification -- 0x7800
[IOBluetoothHCIController][start] -- completed
**** [IOBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport][configurePM] -- ERROR -- waited 30 seconds and still did not get the commandWakeup() notification -- 0x7800 ****
[[0xffffff80220c2000] OpCode 0x1005 (Read Buffer Size) from: kernel_task (0) Synchronous status: 0x00 (kIOReturnSuccess) state: 2 (BUSY) timeout: 5000] Bluetooth warning: An HCI Req timeout occurred.
[[0xffffff80220c2000] OpCode 0x1005 (Read Buffer Size) from: kernel_task (0) Synchronous status: 0x00 (kIOReturnSuccess) state: 2 (BUSY) timeout: 5000] Bluetooth warning: An HCI Req timeout occurred.
IOBluetoothHCIController::setupHardware -- failed to get the buffer size from the Bluetooth module -- re-enumerating device
[IOBluetoothHCIController][hardwareSetupComplete] Failed setup: 0x0010 (kBluetoothHCIErrorHostTimeout)
REQUIRE_NO_ERR failure: 0x10 - file: /SourceCache/IOBluetoothFamily_kexts/IOBluetoothFamily-4200.4.6/Core/Family/HCI/IOBluetoothFamily.cpp:24451
**** [IOBluetoothHCIController][protectedBluetoothHCIControllerTransportShowsUp] -- Error!! -- Something went wrong in the setup process. Could not communicate with Bluetooth Transport successfully -- 0xa000 -- 0xbeef ****

The last few days, any time BT isn't working I have found that deleting /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches
and /Library/Preferences/com.apple.Bluetooth.plist seems to help. After doing that and rebooting, bluetooth works more often than when I don't do that.

Hey guys, i'm having issues with bluetooth too. Build my hackmini on monday and it worked flawlessly until today. I rebooted the machine and now it says "Bluetooth not available" on the top bar and the preferences tab from system preferences is missing.
I've tried what was suggested and haven't found any of the possible solutions (been searching for one for an hour or more now) working.
From terminal I got the following output:
Code:
pflaume-HTPC:~ pflaume$ sudo dmesg | grep BluePassword:
**** [IOBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport][start] -- completed -- result = TRUE -- 0x7c00 ****
[IOBluetoothHCIController][staticBluetoothHCIControllerTransportShowsUp] -- Received Bluetooth Controller register service notification -- 0x7c00 
**** [IOBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport][configurePM] -- ERROR -- waited 30 seconds and still did not get the commandWakeup() notification -- 0x7c00 ****

// SHort update:
I delete /Library/Preferences/com.apple.Bluetooth.plist and now I got the following output from terminal:
Code:
pflaume-htpc:~ pflaume$ sudo dmesg | grep BluePassword:
**** [IOBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport][start] -- completed -- result = TRUE -- 0x4c00 ****
[IOBluetoothHCIController][staticBluetoothHCIControllerTransportShowsUp] -- Received Bluetooth Controller register service notification -- 0x4c00 
**** [IOBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport][configurePM] -- ERROR -- waited 30 seconds and still did not get the commandWakeup() notification -- 0x4c00 ****
[IOBluetoothHCIController][hardwareSetupComplete] Failed setup: 0xFF02 (kBluetoothSyncHCIRequestTimedOutWaitingToBeSent)
REQUIRE_NO_ERR failure: 0xff02 - file: /SourceCache/IOBluetoothFamily_kexts/IOBluetoothFamily-4200.4.6/Core/Family/HCI/IOBluetoothFamily.cpp:24451
**** [IOBluetoothHCIController][protectedBluetoothHCIControllerTransportShowsUp] -- Error!! -- Something went wrong in the setup process. Could not communicate with Bluetooth Transport successfully -- 0xc800 -- 0xbeef ****

// BIG UPDATE:
I got it to work again.... I just booted with -v -x to safe mode, then I shut the PC down waited a few seconds and booted it up again. All works flawlessly again :)

I have the same issues to. My hardware is GA-H87-WIFI + i3-4330 and no dedicated graphics card. My bluetooth was not working from reboot to reboot. Now I cannot get it to work anymore. Also tried to use BT form an Ubuntu 13.10 Live Boot Stick. Similar problems there. dmesg says that there is an communication timeout with the BT adapter... Might this problem be related to the current BIOS version F4? I mean, the hardware guide says that BT works perfectly on this board. So I guess this problem is new than the hardware guide and might be introduced with the new BIOS version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back