Contribute
Register

GA-H67N-USB3-B3-F5 i3-2100 OS X 10.6.7 = OK

Status
Not open for further replies.
it works also for me thanks to casheddie and his guide.
I have played with it for the whole weekend and can't do it. The best I get was never ending gray screen with apple logo and spinning circle.
Finaly I have installed a fresh 10.6.3, than 10.6.7 combo update. Than I have copied the two kext to desktop (AppleACPIPlatform.kext and IOPCIFamily.kext). Accidentally hit software update /because I read here somewhere,that the combo 10.6.8 overwrite all kext and update only some - I have no idea if it's true :)/ which doesn't allow the use of MultiBeast as it install the update in restart mode.
So after I hit restart and the computer install the update I turn it immediately off, swap the HDD out and attach it via USB to my MacMini and start the system from the HDD - with no KP as it's a real Mac :lol:
Than I install this two kext with KextBeast and than run MuliBeast all options as described here. After that I turn the MM off, swap the HDD back to my Hack and finally get my desktop in 10.6.8, sound ok, network ok and I could restart from apple or with keyboard shortcut. I have now intel AHCI instead off unknown AHCI in ATM. But the best is,that my score in Geekbench (64bit) jumped about 400 points.
The downside is that sleep doesn't work, I have no idea what have I to do to fix it, I'm simply to inexperienced and I have to do USB kext Rollback.
Unfortunately the IG still doesn't work, I'm on 1024x768 only.
But all in all not that bad as I build it only 3 days ago.

EDIT: I erase and install it again, just for my personal test, this time I install the combo update - everything ok, except of sleep of course. I have also Thunderbolt in ATM :crazy:

Re: GA-H67N-USB3-B3-F5 i3-2100 OS X 10.6.6 = OK

mazjohn said:
For Greenmonster, can you possibly clarify in more detail how you got this to install from a cloned backup? Did you boot into a second physical disk or from an image file backup of 10.67?

Booted from the cloned 2nd physical disk. Ran install on 2nd disk, but changed the installed location to the 1st disk... shutdown, boot into 1st disk, ran multibeast (link to options in signature)... Success !!

I've partitioned my 160GB drive so into 2 partitions so I can use Carbon Clone Copy to make a backup partition.

I happen to be using 2 x 2gb sticks of ram. But it definitely sounds like a problem with the board itself since you've tried multiple sticks of ram.

Also, I don't know if this will help, but have you verified that the board is on the F5 bios? The board I got was F3, so I had to go download the F5 bios from Gigabyte's website, figured out how to make a bootable DOS USB stick, put the bios utility on the stick, and flashed from the USB stick (QFlash was not working for me).

I'm going to stay away from the 10.6.8 update for now. The main issue with the update for me is that there is NO known way to enable HDMI audio with 10.6.8 using my ATI 5570 card. With 10.6.7, the system is 100% working - sleep, dual displays (HDMI, DVI), onboard audio, HDMI audio, bluetooth (no sleep issues, as I am using Apple bluetooth module A1189), DVD player.

The only minor gripe is that the 10.6.7 ATI drivers don't perform that great. OpenGL performance in OS X in cinebench is about half the value of cinebench in Windows 7.

I have the same configuration (ga-h67n-usb3-b3 with i3-200) but can't even get past booting the boot cd. Does anybody have any suggestions? It begins to load and says:
Boot0: testing
Boot0: error

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

bseels13 said:
I have the same configuration (ga-h67n-usb3-b3 with i3-200) but can't even get past booting the boot cd. Does anybody have any suggestions? It begins to load and says:

Hi,

I have BIOS version F4 and the system is rock solid.
I can uses all SMbiosproduct settings except MacPro5,1 with a i5 2405S CPU.
Zero KP or other issues, at the moment I am running as a MacBookPro8,3 as that was the last setting I tested.

I had to used the "Andy Boot CD 5" to be able to boot into the 10.6.8 the first time,
but after I ran MultiBeast with DSDT it is rock solid.

bseels13 said:

You don't have a boot loader on the partition you are trying to boot. Suggest you boot off iBoot, select your install partition, run Multibeast, select Chimera, install, eject iBoot and reboot.

guys, did anyone got past the busratio=29 flag? if I'm not mistaken that would limit the CPU to 2.9GHz (instead of 3.1GHz stock). Also, could you enable all cpu features?

I got as far as this:

2011-07-31%25252012.56.25.jpg

GA-H67N-usb3, i3-2100, Loaded Optimized defaults, changed to AHCI, HPET 64-bit, set a 30x multiplier. No matter what I boot (lastly I used iBoot legacy), the stock 10.6.3 DVD gives me the same error message (this) with -x -v

and then in the next lines "system is waiting for root device". :(

any help is appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back