Register

GA-H67MA-UD2H-B3 _ ATI 5770/Sound/Network Success

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: GA-H67MA-UD2H-B3 _ ATI 5770/Sound/Network Success *images*

ssummerf said:
Here are some teaser images.
That's hot.

That is a really nice build, I hope to be able to upgrade to that eventually.

Sorry the noob question, i just bought a trackpad (i never used anything bluetooht with my hack before) and bought this dongle, it`s just plug this and will recognize the trackpad or need to do something?

Thanks

leotecasi said:
Sorry the noob question, i just bought a trackpad (i never used anything bluetooht with my hack before) and bought this dongle, it`s just plug this and will recognize the trackpad or need to do something?

Thanks

I used this bluetooth dongle.

Completely plug and play, no configuration needed. The device was recognized at boot, even when booting from OS X retail disc. OS X recognized the dongle and asked me to sync my mouse (It comes up with a diagram asking you to put your batteries in your mouse). I use an Apple Magic Mouse.

stylusrowm said:
Or could one of you with the UD4 do a tutorial because I have tried so many methods of install and nothing got ethernet or sound working : ( It would be a great help.

Thanks

Mine is working now(except for sleep and ESATA), and I will tell you how I did it. I have not yet tried to do anything with 10.6.7 and the updated kernel....I will be going in to that this weekend. But this worked for me with 10.6.6. Specs in signature, this is for the updated(non-recalled) UD-4.

Follow iBoot+ MultiBeast up through running the Combo Update (Step 3).
-After running the Combo Update (Step 3) and before running MultiBeast(step 4) run BridgeHelper.
-Run MultiBeast choosing the following options:
-EasyBeast
-System Utilities
-Chameleon 2.0 RC5 - Sandy Bridge (Found under Drivers and Bootladers, Bootloaders)
-64-bit GraphicsEnabler=No (Found under Customization, Boot Options)

-Modify the Kernel Flags and GraphicsEnabler portion of your \extra\com.apple.Boot.plist to include:

<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>PCIRootUID=1 busratio=29 arch=x86_64</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>

-Reboot!
-Set BIOS to boot from HDD, OS X should be bootable now, with network and audio not working.
-Run Multibeast choosing the following options:
-System Utilities
-RealTek ALC8xxHDA (Found under Drivers and Bootladers, Kexts & Enablers, Audio, Realtek ALC8xx)
-AppleHDA Rollback (Found under Drivers and Bootladers, Kexts & Enablers, Audio, Realtek ALC8xx)
-ALC889 (Found under Drivers and Bootladers, Kexts & Enablers, Audio, Realtek ALC8xx, Non-DSDT HDAEnabler)
**The original UD4 used the ALC892 instead of the ALC889**

-Reboot!
-Audio should now be working
-Download the Realtek Driver for Ethernet using the following steps (or jump directly to the download page:
1) Go to: http://218.210.127.131/downloads/
2) Choose "Communications Network ICs" on the left
3) Choose "Network Interface Controllers:
4) Choose "10/100/1000M Gigabit Ethernet"
5) Choose "PCI Express"
6) Choose "Software"
7) Under the "Others" Heading, find "MacOS 10.6 on Intel-based Mac computer" and chose a site to download from

-Install the Driver (Double click on it, follow the prompts)
**The original UD4 worked with the LNX2Mac Driver in MultiBeast**
-Reboot!
-Network should now be working. It took mine a few seconds to come to life after the initial reboot. I went into the Network portion of System Preferences and while trying to access the Ethernet interface the OS began to recognize the NIC and obtain an IP address. Not sure if the timing is a coincidence or you need to go into the Network settings to initialize. No issues since.

-Profit!

Great Tutorial

Thank you for the tutorial it all goes fine until the sound install and ethernet driver install then nothing, like I didn't even install them. I dont get anything recognised on the board at all. Here is the screen and as you can see the Realtek is not working ?

Last edited by a moderator:
hi ,i `m new here .and i`m using the same MB. H67ma-UD2h-b3, I7 2600. G.Skill 4* 4g 1333MHz . and i`m using the Intel HD 3000 with a display port LED monior.

Still waiting for the driver of HD 3000. How can the sandy bridge cpu can be identification
correctly?

besee said:
hi ,i `m new here .and i`m using the same MB. H67ma-UD2h-b3, I7 2600. G.Skill 4* 4g 1333MHz . and i`m using the Intel HD 3000 with a display port LED monior.

Still waiting for the driver of HD 3000. How can the sandy bridge cpu can be identification
correctly?

UP

hey , i just finished the 10.6.3 retail dvd+10.6.7 combo packs install follow the instruction. but ,now ,the system reboot all the time once i saw the apple white logo screen.

HDD can boot from iboot legacy cd . and my 5770 works perfect. what should i do ?

I stayed on 10.6.6. Haven't seen any post of reliable performance with 10.6.7 on Sandy Bridge yet. Would roll back to 10.6.6 and use it till the bugs are worked out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back