Contribute
Register

GA-H67MA-UD2H-B3 _ ATI 5770/Sound/Network Success

Status
Not open for further replies.
stamasd said:
I have a very similar build to yours - see details in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=15537

Thanks for your post, I used a lot of the information here to get 10.6.6. installed. For me, the RTL81xx from Multibeast worked to get network going.

However I can't get it to boot with 8GB of memory, even using the boot parameters that you use.

Help please?

I use this exactly to get the 8GB, " -v -force64 arch=i386 busratio=29 "
I found that I had to use the "-" before force64 or it would not work sometimes.

This looks very similar to mine - I only have the PCIUID extra in the parameters. Yet it crashes at boot every time if I have 8GB in and not booting from iBoot legacy.

This worked great for me! Thanks!

I got the GA-P67-UD3 (I dont know the exact product code but its the p67 model with UD3).. With a my old 8900gt. On my old setup this card only got 23fps, now its holding 34fps. WOW!

Everything works great but under About this mac its still showing DDR2. Any ideas?

Attachments

• Hack-Sandy.jpg
    Hack-Sandy.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 409
ssummerf said:
On to network
Multibeast - This would NOT get the network working.

Next Install the "Realtek RTL81xx.kext" I cant remember where from its the one that spits out a bunch of crap on boot about logs or something but it worked.

I am not able to get my network working after my motherboard was replaced with the non-recalled P67A-UD4-B3. Everything was working perfectly with the previous P67A-UD4, and the network card works in windows so it isn't a hardware issue.

I tried the Multibeast install, which worked on the previous motherboard. I tried using both Kext Utility and Kext Helper b7 with a previous non-installer version of Lnx2Mac's kext, and the RealtekR1000.kext I found on another site. I started over and re-installed, no changes. Everything works except networking.

I may have installed the kext incorrectly....I have only done it with multibeast before. I tried a few different things, namely drag and dropping the kexts n the kext apps and running System Utilities in Multibeast. Can anyone provide any insight?

Please help! Thank you!

zeeko30 said:
ssummerf said:
On to network

Next Install the "Realtek RTL81xx.kext" I cant remember where from its the one that spits out a bunch of crap on boot about logs or something but it worked.

I am not able to get my network working after my motherboard was replaced with the non-recalled P67A-UD4-B3. Everything was working perfectly with the previous P67A-UD4, and the network card works in windows so it isn't a hardware issue.

I tried the Multibeast install, which worked on the previous motherboard. I tried using both Kext Utility and Kext Helper b7 with a previous non-installer version of Lnx2Mac's kext, and the RealtekR1000.kext I found on another site. I started over and re-installed, no changes. Everything works except networking.

I may have installed the kext incorrectly....I have only done it with multibeast before. I tried a few different things, namely drag and dropping the kexts n the kext apps and running System Utilities in Multibeast. Can anyone provide any insight?

Please help! Thank you!

Hello,

ich had exactly the same problem with the nic when i exchanged my B2 stepping UD4 to the new B3 stepping. The new B3 Stepping board is different from the B2 one.
They did not only update the chipset to the error-free chipset, but also added the Realtek 889 instead of the 892 and did something to the nic. They also have new Bioses which are not compatible to the B2 Stepping versions.

My solution was to download the Mac-driver for the nic from the Realtek hompage.
http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads...d=5&Level=5&Conn=4&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

You just have to install the driver package and remove Lnx2Mac's driver.
Repair Permissions etc., reboot and your fine.

No other solution except this worked for me to get networking running again after swapping to the new UD4.

julian23 said:
zeeko30 said:
ssummerf said:
On to network

Please help! Thank you!

Hello,

ich had exactly the same problem with the nic when i exchanged my B2 stepping UD4 to the new B3 stepping. The new B3 Stepping board is different from the B2 one.
They did not only update the chipset to the error-free chipset, but also added the Realtek 889 instead of the 892 and did something to the nic. They also have new Bioses which are not compatible to the B2 Stepping versions.

My solution was to download the Mac-driver for the nic from the Realtek hompage.
http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads...d=5&Level=5&Conn=4&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

No other solution except this worked for me to get networking running again after swapping to the new UD4.

Thank you very much for the info! I will try this when I get home.

julian23 said:

zeeko30 said:

This works perfectly, thanks!!

zeeko30 said:
julian23 said:

zeeko30 said:

This works perfectly, thanks!!

I also have the GA-P67-UD4 B3 I looked on that link for drivers none of which would download can someone post them on the forum or a direct link to the file would be a great help. : )

zeeko30 said:
stylusrowm said:
I also have the GA-P67-UD4 B3 I looked on that link for drivers none of which would download can someone post them on the forum or a direct link to the file would be a great help. : )

Yeah the link is broken, here is an updated link: http://218.210.127.131/downloads/downlo ... Down=false

In case the link breaks again, here is how to get there:

1) Go to: http://218.210.127.131/downloads/
2) Choose "Communications Network ICs" on the left
3) Choose "Network Interface Controllers:
4) Choose "10/100/1000M Gigabit Ethernet"
5) Choose "PCI Express"
6) Choose "Software"
7) Under the "Others" Heading, find "MacOS 10.6 on Intel-based Mac computer" and chose a site to download from! :D

This was a great link but I am having the same problem just nothing with sound or ethernet. Could on of you make a DSDT for me and post it. When I boot using -v it just say RTL8**** not recognised. Or could one of you with the UD4 do a tutorial because I have tried so many methods of install and nothing got ethernet or sound working : ( It would be a great help.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back