Contribute
Register

GA-H55M-UD2H and i7 870 any successful installs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H
CPU
i7-3770
Graphics
GTX 650
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm writing just to know if anybody succeeded making a build with GA-H55M-UD2H (please tell the motherboard rev.) and i7 870.

Thanks
Michael

wavesequence said:
I'm writing just to know if anybody succeeded making a build with GA-H55M-UD2H (please tell the motherboard rev.) and i7 870.

Thanks
Michael

Here's one with different video card and CPU.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=6836

Here' one with different board and CPU but the same video card.

viewtopic.php?f=81&t=11465

Moved from User Builds to Installation Support as OP is asking for help, not documenting a successful system.

I have just installed mine,

- GA-H55M-UD2H (v1.3 bios F11)
- Intel Core i7 870
- 8GB Corsair XMS3 (2x4GB@1333MHz)
- Gigabyte ATI Radeon HD 5770

Any questions you would like to know the answer to?

Eliani said:

- Intel Core i7 870

Eliani
Thanks for your kind reply. :)
I'm still waiting for the moterhboard... Actually I have just CPU, RAM and everything... except mobo...
When I receive the moterboard and finishe the build, I'll be back
regards
Michael

Well, as you wait get some reading done about iboot + multibeast, about Overcklocking the I7 870, wich could get up to 4.1GHz. Cooling, because the stock Intel cooler will never keep the CPU cool if you are going to boost the Frequency...

Eliani said:

- Intel Core i7 870

I have almost the same configuration (Core I3 instead of i7) but I frequently have crashes when starting azureus or transmission or when i use skype (in this case may be the concurrent access to the sound card is the problem).
When I restart the system, I always have a bios message saying that the CPU parameters may be changed from the last restart and they probably are not ok...
Did you get the same error?

Thanks,
Davide

Hello,

I have a rather similar build, but I'm still struggling to get it running.

First, the install failed because some packages couldn't be read from the DVD (retail, I confirm). I restored the DVD to a second partition on the HDD, and it initially failed too, as I also got issues with the packages. Secondly, I copied the DVD to a USB stick, but it didn't work better. Then suddenly the same second partition became usable. I don't know what changed, but at least I can use that for the install.

For now, I can install, run the combo update and setup multibeast, but at the next reboot, I'm blocked with the apple logo and the spinning wheel. I can't see how the iBoot or iBoot Legacy could help me. Also, the safe mode doesn't boot either. From what I have read, and at the opposite of the logs I can find, the most suspicious part could be the graphics card.

For any successful install, which Multibeast setup did you use ?

Cheers,

Hemie143

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back