Contribute
Register

GA-B75M-D3P won't post with RX 580 installed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi schmoppa, I'm having word-for-word, the exact same issue you were having with a Sapphire Pulse 580 and my GA-B75M-D3P. It seems like my first step would be to update the BIOS from F3 to F7. You mentioned that you'd managed to get it to work – can you say how? Did you use a Dos boot disk?

Thanks!

Lev

Just a note that updating my BIOS to F7 did the trick for me too. I don't think Quickflash is a possibility in F3 so I did the DOS boot disk method (posted earlier in the thread, but here it is again: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/how-to-update-your-gigabyte-motherboards-bios.131047/)

Just a note for others who might be like me, the .exe files from Gigabyte's website can be opened on a Mac using Unarchiver.

Best,
Lev
Glad to see you found success! I hadn't looked at this thread in a long time and coincidentally you responded fairly recently; for whatever reason I haven't received a subscription alert in email since 2018.

I think I did just get the BIOS upgraded the old-fashioned way by loading the file on a USB and updating from the BIOS directly.

So I wound up giving up on on the GPU upgrade since I had sunk enough time into trying to figure it out and only barely just got the system booting successfully after updating the BIOS and then having it not able to start even with just the integrated graphics. In fact, I had started a 2nd thread just on the BIOS config - despite having documented every single setting I had before flashing so I could get back up and running quickly, I couldn't get it up and running lol, it would reboot loop after the clover screen. Long story short, it just kind of started working again for unknown reasons. Thread here if interested. https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...p-rev1-0-reboots-at-apple-load-screen.267301/

I can't remember if I even tried the GPU again after getting the BIOS updated. I think I was so glad it was working again and we needed the machine to work for our content viewing I pretty much stopped messing with it.

I have questions for you! Are you saying that you got your Sapphire Pulse 580 and my GA-B75M-D3P to play nicely together? Did you follow any other guides or troubleshooting threads to get it working? Any special BIOS settings to get it to POST with the card plugged in and powered up? What settings did you use for Multibeast and what version are you running? (if you have your Multibeast preset saved, I'd really love and appreciate a copy to start from :)

Another question: For whatever reason, after having updated to F7, the Clover screens take minutes to cycle through. Does yours do that?

I finally got an Apple TV and as a result, this hackintosh doesn't do much any more: it is no longer used to watch Netflix or as my Plex client. I'd like to finally get that Sapphire Pulse 580 installed and playing Minecraft or whatever and it wouldn't be a big deal to have it out of commission for a while, so any details you have on your success would be appreciated! And I will make sure I am subscribed.

Thank you!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back